SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 18-04-09, 02:25 AM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default Anyone going to the Glencoe Massacre II ?

As title says , I don`t want to trawl through shedloads of posts in the Ecosse section , but was just getting an idea of who was going and how long for etc ?
Old 18-04-09, 06:36 PM   #2
DaveP

Default Re: Anyone going to the Glencoe Massacre II ?

Off the top of my head the someof the people goin from the BP from are...

Me!!...
Stewie
Mike and claire
Ed
Daryl
Pete and Lissa
Quif and mrs Quif
Mr UKI

there may be more....

I am staying till monday possibly later.... have bed fri,sat(cheers stewie) and sun(cheers ed)

However monday may see me somewhere as of yet undecided.

Dave
Old 18-04-09, 09:34 PM   #3
-Ralph-

I'll post a link to this in Madlanders too. I'm going up on the Friday, will leave in the morning, and take the day to get up there avoiding motorway other than perhaps some short sections to get from one good road to another, or to quickly bypass built up areas or boring straight sections of A road where you might as well be on the motorway anyway. Will travel back down the boring way on Sunday night.

Anyone want to join together for the ride up?

I'm happy to stick a route together, but you'll need to be able to guide yourselves from Glasgow, as I've wave goodbye until the morning at that point, I won't be staying at the site on the Friday night, I'll be going to visit friends and collect my wife who is travelling up by train.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 18-04-09 at 09:41 PM.
Old 18-04-09, 09:41 PM   #4
petevtwin650

We're going up on Friday. Were planning to MWay it as the fun begins when we're up there.

We tried a bit of non-motorway stuff last year and that really slowed us down.
Old 18-04-09, 09:50 PM   #5
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
We're going up on Friday. Were planning to MWay it as the fun begins when we're up there.

We tried a bit of non-motorway stuff last year and that really slowed us down.
I'm planning to take my time over it with no particular schedule (KG will pick up Sandrine if I'm late), a stop every 1/2 tank of fuel and so long as I do it in less than 12 hours I'm happy, but hopefully it'll be more like 9 or 10.

I motorway it to Glasgow in the car in 4 1/2 hours, but obviously the car does 400 miles on one tank, is comfortable, and you can eat and drink on the move, so your bladder is the only limitation, not needing fuel every 150 miles and perhaps a sore ar$e break in between that. 6-7 hours from Brum to the campsite is probably realistic on the mototrway on a bike, but I don't fancy it myself. I'll be taking my iPod as it is!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 18-04-09 at 09:53 PM.
Old 18-04-09, 09:58 PM   #6
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I thinks like Pete n Lissa, we'll be doing mway up there, maybe join up with any of you guys that might be heading up around the same timescale as us. I've to meet up with a friend from Blackpool thats hopefully joining us. AND somehow find our friend from Durham thats joining us for definate.somewhere higer up too.

Although saying that, we may go up to Kendal and jump on the mway up there somewhere. I'm tempted to stop off at the truck stop like last year for some grub at lunchtime though, as it was top banana!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-09, 10:29 PM   #7
Ed

Yep me and Daryl are going. In car with bikes on a trailer. Wifey not happy unless bike is in tow, she thinks I'll fall off on the M6
Old 18-04-09, 11:55 PM   #8
regency23

I quite fancy doing this one as well.Are folks camping or digs and would anybody mind me tagging along for the ride up there as its a long way on my own.Will have to take some time to read the thread in the sv eccoss section me thinks.
Old 19-04-09, 12:03 AM   #9
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Anyone want to join together for the ride up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by regency23 View Post
would anybody mind me tagging along for the ride up there as its a long way on my own
Old 19-04-09, 10:04 AM   #10
xXBADGERXx

I`ll probably tent it to be honest , time up there is not an issue as I can easily go up there the Friday and come back the Monday ... will have to setup an evening of Coffee and post trawling to get the facts and figures on all of this .