SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-05-07, 07:41 PM   #31
oldjack

Default Re: Filtering - police view

Injury Ian & Baph, Captain Nemo sums it up for me, if you continue to filter at those speeds day after day, year after year, I estimate your chances of avoiding serious injury to be precisely zero, you are intelligent enough to understand statistical probability . Not IMHO, fact!

Baph the bravado with which you boast about your ability to assess minimal risk at those speeds will wilt when you find yourself in a hospital bed, I thought I knew you better than that. Of course, its your choice .

I didn't intend to sound so melodramatic!
Old 04-05-07, 08:44 PM   #32
Gavin

It's ok to filter if the traffic has stopped or if it's moving slowly.

Last edited by Gavin; 04-05-07 at 08:46 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 04-05-07, 10:30 PM   #33
Endellion

Undertaking is allowed on four occasions:

1.When the vehicle in front is turning right

2.In a one way street

3.When you are turning left and there is space to pass the car/s in front

4.When you are in slow moving queues of traffic and the queue on your right is moving slower than yours, this would cover filtering in some of these cases I think!
Old 05-05-07, 11:40 AM   #34
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjack View Post
Injury Ian & Baph, Captain Nemo sums it up for me, if you continue to filter at those speeds day after day, year after year, I estimate your chances of avoiding serious injury to be precisely zero, you are intelligent enough to understand statistical probability . Not IMHO, fact!

Baph the bravado with which you boast about your ability to assess minimal risk at those speeds will wilt when you find yourself in a hospital bed, I thought I knew you better than that. Of course, its your choice .
I understand completely, and I choose to ride the way I ride. However, I refuse to knowingly (and try to avoid unintentionally) giving someone else the same statistical chance as me.

I've posted on the forum before that if you ride hard you have to expect to fall hard. A principal I fully appreciate.