SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items For other bikes, clothing, helmets etc. Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat. Anything not relevant to motorcycling will be moved to Idle Banter

Old 14-06-15, 11:00 AM   #1
Lawman

Default Triumph Daytona for sale or swap

Hi
My Daytona is up for sale after my European trip. It's advertised elsewhere for £1600 but I'm after a smaller naked such as an SV, ER6, CB500 etc for general UK riding. I'm willing to put a fair amount of cash to the deal.

Heres what it says in the ad:

Super condition runs perfectly, fast bike even by today's standards, swap/trade welcome (see below)
I bought this bike last November specifically for a European trip. I gave it a right good going over during winter changing all the rear suspension bushings, bearings and seals, swing arm bearings. The rear shock was serviced at Shocktech. I stripped and serviced the front forks which had new seals and oil. The clutch was slipping at high revs so 2 months ago I replaced it with a brand new EBC unit and springs and while I was at it a new clutch cable. Needless to say it had new engine oil and plugs. I added some Torozzi risers to make it a bit more comfy. New quality chain and sprockets.

The bike requires an new rear tyre very soon, it's very standard apart from the indicators and screen.

I've completed the tour (2000 miles to Italy and back via interesting roads) and its work is done, it is unlikely I will be going abroad again. I can't fault the bike it runs sweet and is fast even by modern standards. It is a very capable road bike with great neutral steering and stability and a wonderful versatile engine quite capable of pulling right from 3k revs up to the redline.

I cant afford to have too many bikes in my garage and I want a smaller engine upright naked bike for shorter rides. e.g KTM Duke, SV650, ER6N, CB500, Triumph 675, etc etc
Single, V twin or triple. I am happy to add money to the deal (up to £1500) or sell for cash.

The overall condition is excellent for its age, it comes with service history including a valve check and adjust at 24K miles. It now has 28K miles on the clock and a 10 month MOT. Bodywork is very very good. I still use it occasionally to avoid traffic!
It has a aftermarket Remus alloy can on it (sounds wonderful) but comes with the original stainless unit and the original clip ons and a few bits and bobs including rear seat and cowl, tool kit, etc.

I want genuine enquiries only please. I attach a minimum value of £1600 I will go no lower on the bike. I only want cash or another road legal bike.

I don't want pit bikes, playstations or mobile phones or cars etc

I am an avid motorcyclist and mechanic and don't want any rubbish, I do know what is what!

Drop me a line, veiwing welcome. Located 10 miles east of Shefield near J1 M18.
https://goo.gl/photos/VkRtNiV7aMTZHHCd6

If interested or you have a swap proposal drop me a PM, I can send more images.
Old 20-06-15, 08:08 AM   #2
Lawman

Default Re: Triumph Daytona for sale or swap

Sold