Old 06-06-05, 12:33 PM   #81
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Huge thanks to Jelster, Baldyman, Sid Squid, BigApe and everyone else for a fantastic day. Nice to meet people and put some faces to the names
Seconded.

Now knackered!
Very kind of you to say so, but I really didn't do anything, all the plans and arrangements were made by the others mentioned.

It was a giggle wasn't it? We'll do it again soon I hope. I'm definately looking forward to next years one, we'll have to see if we can get a hundred bikes next time
A special hello to Stewart from near Oxford, (who didn't previously use the site but said he'll check us out now), for showing up on our old yellow curvy SVS, fair brings a tear to the eye to see an old friend.

And perhaps we ought to warn the Little Chef, (or wherever), staff that we're coming next time, I thanked some of the staff for their most appreciated service, (by me anyway), and they said no problem come back anytime Gluttons for punishment.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Old 06-06-05, 12:39 PM   #82
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
And perhaps we ought to warn the Little Chef, (or wherever), staff that we're coming next time, I thanked some of the staff for their most appreciated service, (by me anyway), and they said no problem come back anytime Gluttons for punishment.
And perhaps next time they'll have some maple syrup for the pancakes and some coffee!!!

Old 06-06-05, 01:08 PM   #83
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

ooo scoobs ur getting bitchy now!!

just a thght- dont wanna be morbid but I cant get outta my head wanting to know if that fazer rider is OK !?
anyone in the area know?? not been in the news!?
Old 06-06-05, 01:13 PM   #84
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
And perhaps next time they'll have some maple syrup for the pancakes and some coffee!!!
Although i wouldnt bet on it.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 06-06-05, 01:15 PM   #85
jonboy

Had a great couple of days, kinda enjoyed the camping but next time I'll have a roll-up foam thingy to lie on as the ground really wasn't body-friendly. Tent was excellent, even if my nose was touching the roof for most of the night.

Was pleased to have met so many new people even if I can't remember who was who, and forgive me if I didn't say hello to anyone, I'll try harder next time.

Enjoyed the route, some great scenary and villages, so a big up to Steve and Leigh for planning the route so well. The first stage was a trifle slow but the second stage flowed very nicely and was great fun. The sound of alll those V-twins throbbing in unison was I think not only appreciated by us but also by a lot of spectators as we rode very considerately (I think) through the villages. And yes I did wave to the little kids .

One small little story that might bring a smile to your face:

As I was back-marker for the second stint I waited at the Tesco exit till everyone was gone when there were two straggling SVs not with the main group so I waited and waved them on quickly saying "oi get a move on". Followed them out into the queue of traffic and patiently waited behind them to once again have to wave them forward only for them to stick behind the car in front, so I moved up waved them on again even more impatiently and said "okay let's go lads", when they turned to me and shouted "er, we're not with the ride we've never seen you lot before". Oh well almost had another two recruits .

I'm looking forward to next year's ride-out already which I can inform you will be in Royston, north Herts.

Old 06-06-05, 01:18 PM   #86
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
but next time I'll have a roll-up foam thingy to lie on as the ground really wasn't body-friendly.

You new to this camping arnt you, I can tell!. Get an orange coloured thermarest, short length is fine. I couldnt cope with a foam mat, used an inflatable mattress then took a chance on a thermarest when I started camping on the bike. Excellent.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to next year's ride-out already which I can inform you will be in Royston-Vasey

Old 06-06-05, 01:18 PM   #87
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Had a great couple of days, kinda enjoyed the camping but next time I'll have a roll-up foam thingy to lie on as the ground really wasn't body-friendly. Tent was excellent, even if my nose was touching the roof for most of the night.

Was pleased to have met so many new people even if I can't remember who was who, and forgive me if I didn't say hello to anyone, I'll try harder next time.

Enjoyed the route, some great scenary and villages, so a big up to Steve and Leigh for planning the route so well. The first stage was a trifle slow but the second stage flowed very nicely and was great fun. The sound of alll those V-twins throbbing in unison was I think not only appreciated by us but also by a lot of spectators as we rode very considerately (I think) through the villages. And yes I did wave to the little kids .

One small little story that might bring a smile to your face:

As I was back-marker for the second stint I waited at the Tesco exit till everyone was gone when there were two straggling SVs not with the main group so I waited and waved them on quickly saying "oi get a move on". Followed them out into the queue of traffic and patiently waited behind them to once again have to wave them forward only for them to stick behind the car in front, so I moved up waved them on again even more impatiently and said "okay let's go lads", when they turned to me and shouted "er, we're not with the ride we've never seen you lot before". Oh well almost had another two recruits .

I'm looking forward to next year's ride-out already which I can inform you will be in Royston, north Herts.

I wondered about them 2 other SV's as well, thinking, come on guys get a move on! Royston sounds good
Old 06-06-05, 01:26 PM   #88
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigourneysbeaver
just a thght- dont wanna be morbid but I cant get outta my head wanting to know if that fazer rider is OK !?
anyone in the area know?? not been in the news!?
a few people have said they saw him sitting in the back of the police car, not looking too bad, so presumable he must be ok, since he hadn't been whisked away in an ambulance.

Old 06-06-05, 01:37 PM   #89
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

cheers carsick- thats good then..kinda made me heart all wobbly for a while after-

next year is even further away from me then!????

Royston - Vasey - we are having a rideout around chubby brown!!!

oh and Jon if u kept pickin up stragglers that werent even with us ever likely we had 60 bikes !!......
Old 06-06-05, 01:58 PM   #90
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
You new to this camping arnt you, I can tell!. Get an orange coloured thermarest, short length is fine. I couldnt cope with a foam mat, used an inflatable mattress then took a chance on a thermarest when I started camping on the bike. Excellent.
Yes I admit to being new to it, so okay I'll check out the thermavest but they seem mighty pricey compared to my tent which at £14.99 I just managed to get past Mrs jonboy's budget.

If anyone's interested, these blow-up-doll-mattress roll-up thingies are here:

http://www.thermarest.com/product_de...x?pID=42&cID=1

Quote:
I'm looking forward to next year's ride-out already which I can inform you will be in Royston-Vasey
Let me tell you, Royston and Royston Vasey have a disturbing amount of things in common. But it's okay if you're local .