SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-09-06, 07:55 PM   #1
Ed

Default Fowlers in Bristol

I was meeting wifey & daughter at Temple Meads on Saturday and as I got there a bit early I thought I'd wander over and have a look. OMG!!!! What a place - I'd never been in such a huge bike shop. And they let you climb over all the bikes too, so of course I sat on just about everything, even a Piaggio! I wanted to know how much PX they'd give me if I traded the D650 in. I'm thinking of a 955i (£5,500 for an 05 model on a 06 plate - bargain). £4K - I spose about right for a dealer, I paid £4.7 in Feb and have added a few K miles to it...
Old 03-09-06, 08:08 PM   #2
Razor

The 955i sounds like a bargain.
Old 03-09-06, 08:10 PM   #3
El Saxo

Did they still have the heavily customised Speed Triple with the supercharger? It was upstairs in the Triumph bit when I was there a few weeks ago, looked amazing!!
Old 03-09-06, 08:11 PM   #4
the white rabbit

They have a good selection, no doubt. They're not the most generous on p'ex but yours is a desirable bike I would think so.

Anway, should have said you were down, Id have wandered the place with you. Temple Meads can't be the nearest station to SHrewsbury, surely
Old 03-09-06, 08:59 PM   #5
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo
Did they still have the heavily customised Speed Triple with the supercharger? It was upstairs in the Triumph bit when I was there a few weeks ago, looked amazing!!
Yes they did, and it still does
Old 04-09-06, 10:12 AM   #6
anna
Mega Poster

You were in Bristol MoFo territory and didnt ask permission

you should have said you were down.. Fowlers are fantastic for their selection of bikes to go and look at test ride and then buy elsewhere and they do great breakfasts too
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 10:31 PM   #7
paulthewitt

they are good for clambering over the bikes n stuff yeah. the food place is nice aswell.

Shame they give some of the worst cstomer service i have ever heard of. Sadly i am yet to hear of one positive report of customer service. I have heard of several thousand pounds worth of damage being done by them tho!

Get your test ride there, buy your triumph elsewhere.

Paul
Old 05-09-06, 09:58 AM   #8
creamerybutter

Fowlers have annoyed me twice now first they sold the SR250 I was goingto buy just after passing my test after promising to save it till that next weekend for me and then they called my mechanic away from my sevicing my bike last weekend because they were short staffed so I had to wait an extra day to get it back.

I must admit I haven't been there for a while be I don't remember it being that big.