SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-06-10, 09:54 AM   #1
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default Father's day

hey all.

please spare a thought for absent fathers on this father's day .. or for folk that have/had a horrid dad..

you who have yer kids and you who have a lovely dad are very lucky .. give him or them an extra hug on Sunday ..
Old 16-06-10, 09:57 AM   #2
Rai86

Default Re: Father's day

RIP my dad, I will be thinking about him on sunday

Thank you quiff this is a nice thread
Old 16-06-10, 10:00 AM   #3
Swin

I am playing football (!) with my two kids - they got a choice of an activity that they wanted dads to do with them at school on Friday afternoon.

So, instead of choosing "reading quietly" or "doing the crossword", I get to play football - probably 15 years since I last chased a ball around a field, and that was bad enough!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 10:01 AM   #4
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

glad you like ..

I meant absent fathers as in me.. who aint seen my kids for 9 years.. but.. if it makes you think of your loved ones who arent with us anymore then thats good..

I know it is a made up day .. but if you have your dad or you are a dad.. enjoy it if you can.. some of us cant .. I will spend all day in bed probably ... it's like Christmas is a double edged sword for some too..
Old 16-06-10, 10:08 AM   #5
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

i mighta put the apostrophe s in the wrong place in my title.. but that is another debate....

let's have a mass debate
Old 16-06-10, 10:15 AM   #6
Rai86

Oops sorry, i read it wrong

well my thoughts are with some of the fathers that arent able to share this day with their kids for whatever reason, as well
Old 16-06-10, 10:24 AM   #7
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Stiffy.....you can be my daddy if you want

On a serious note, I consider myself not only lucky to have a wonderful dad, but also lucky that he has always been in my life. However much you miss your children, they will be missing you too and hopefully one day, fathers' day will be a day that you can share together. You might not be there yet Dave, but your thoughts are with them.....and my thoughts are with you. Wub you xxx
Old 16-06-10, 03:15 PM   #8
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Big hugs for you Quiff. I can only imagine the heartache at not being able to see your kids regularly.

On the other hand, there are Dads who don't deserve to be so. My daughter's father has been absolutley useless in the parenting game.

Maybe we should set up a parent/child dating type of service (no, not in any smutty sense before you shout) to team up the good parents who can't see their own with the kids whose useless ones don't come up to scratch.

and no, before you ask Quiff, you can't borrow my Laura for the day. She may be 28 and blonde and gorgeous but she's about to married and Mand might object lol
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-10, 05:53 PM   #9
Jamesy D

With luck, I'll be able to give my dad a bit of a father's day present by getting him to accompany me on my first ride of the SV. He's been wanting to ride with me forever, it'll be nice to finally let him.

Big conciliatory pats on the backs to all the dad's who can't be with their kids (and a square slap in the chops to those who don't care about their kids). Give yourselves a pint on me.
Old 16-06-10, 06:15 PM   #10
Lozzo

I'm an absent dad.

I've got 4 of the blighters, 3 of whom are inherited. I haven't lived with the younger 3 for 10 years now and I'm not their real dad but they always make the effort to send a card or call me on the day. My eldest is a star, she always, without fail sends a card and a small pressie even though I have told her time and time again that we're past that stage now - bless them all, I love my kids to bits.