SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 09-08-09, 10:27 PM   #1
hybridcrip

Default abba front lift wanted

Looking for an abba front lift for my sv650 k1 naked.
Old 09-08-09, 11:06 PM   #2
Iansv II

Default Re: abba front lift wanted

You should try the wanted section
Old 10-08-09, 10:44 AM   #3
Grinch

Its a pointless purchase, as its to short and your just be better of buying a trolley/bottle jack. I I e-mailed them that it was to short and they sent me some longer parts, no fuss which was nice, but its really not worth it.
I should know as I have one and only got it as they threw it in free as I bought a whole load of stuff, I tend to only use it if I'm swapping wheels on more then one bike. The trolley jack is better as you can easy adjust the height.

Last edited by Grinch; 10-08-09 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-08-09, 01:21 PM   #4
hybridcrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Its a pointless purchase, as its to short and your just be better of buying a trolley/bottle jack. I I e-mailed them that it was to short and they sent me some longer parts, no fuss which was nice, but its really not worth it.
I should know as I have one and only got it as they threw it in free as I bought a whole load of stuff, I tend to only use it if I'm swapping wheels on more then one bike. The trolley jack is better as you can easy adjust the height.
Thanks for the info. I will get the trolley jack.

What do u think of the abba rear paddock stand? I think it looks the safest and easiest paddock stand around, but then I know nothing.
Old 10-08-09, 06:39 PM   #5
Grinch

The best stand you can get is the NWS stand, but after pyramid bought the company they seemed to stop making them. I think there was a guy selling old stock ebay, but I'll be surprised if you find any now. Though I'm not sure on the current situation. The abba is more the perfect for the job though and I use one myself.
Old 10-08-09, 06:45 PM   #6
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridcrip View Post
Thanks for the info. I will get the trolley jack.

What do u think of the abba rear paddock stand? I think it looks the safest and easiest paddock stand around, but then I know nothing.
Yes, heaps better than any other standard paddock stand, unless you can get a NWS stand.

One tip with the ABBA stand is just becareful as it does rock backwards if you're pullng on the back wheel, which could have disaterous consequences!

I also bought the swingarm adaptors, which are really usefully if you plan to remove the swingarm to grease the bearing, a good idea on the SV
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote