SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-05-17, 11:38 AM   #4501
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
So for years I have been complaining about my grade. My boss and immediate director plus UK HR all agree I am incorrectly graded. But a regrade request was turned down as the UK operation was to be closed down. but in fact the whole organisation was taken over and I am still here a few more years later still incorrectly graded as grades were mapped into the new owners scheme

A couple of weeks ago I agreed to take over a new role. Meaning I had to give up all my UK responsibilities. Great my boss and I thought. Now the regrade/promotion can happen.

No. HR now say the new job I have taken on has to be advertised and I must apply for it. The line management all say it is mine. But I have been back stabbed more than once over the years. Having given over all I was previously doing. If I do not get the job. I have no job!

There used to be a system where promotion was automatic merit based. I have been on the top increment of my current grade for the past 6 years. Now you have to be promoted into a defined role. The role cannot be created for you. Grrhh HR trying to stop jobs for the boys etc.
Sounds like my place Tim.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 01:42 PM   #4502
Heorot

Paying in advance for a parking ticket and then finding the barrier is already up and I didn't need to pay.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 02:25 PM   #4503
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Turning up at Frankwell carpark in Shrewsbury on Saturday morning to discover that the ticket machines won't take the new £1 coins. About half a dozen people all there cursing at the machines. Major car park. Hopeless.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 03:34 PM   #4504
Heorot

I had similar when I was having radiation treatment for cancer at NNUH hospital. I would ride my bike up to the entrance barrier to get a ticket only for the induction loop to not recognise the bike and so refuse to issue a ticket. And this on an upward slope and with cars queued up behind me. It was the same hospital where today I paid for the ticket needlessly (see above post).

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 04:52 PM   #4505
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Turning up at Frankwell carpark in Shrewsbury on Saturday morning to discover that the ticket machines won't take the new £1 coins. About half a dozen people all there cursing at the machines. Major car park. Hopeless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
I had similar when I was having radiation treatment for cancer at NNUH hospital. I would ride my bike up to the entrance barrier to get a ticket only for the induction loop to not recognise the bike and so refuse to issue a ticket. And this on an upward slope and with cars queued up behind me. It was the same hospital where today I paid for the ticket needlessly (see above post).
Same at my local hospital when I was visiting my mum, machines don't accept the new £1 coin.

In this day and age they should accept a CC or payment by phone, my local councils machines do.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 04:58 PM   #4506
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Same at my local hospital when I was visiting my mum, machines don't accept the new £1 coin.

In this day and age they should accept a CC or payment by phone, my local councils machines do.
There is a phone payment system operating Mav but it's a right faff. I just want to put a few coins in, collect my ticket and go, not spend ages farting about with text messages and callbacks to verify my location and the length of time I want to park.
Grumble, grumble......
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 06:14 PM   #4507
Red ones
Mega Poster

Tesco trolleys that only accept the old pound coin.

Sainsburys must be doing well near me!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 06:22 PM   #4508
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
There is a phone payment system operating Mav but it's a right faff. I just want to put a few coins in, collect my ticket and go, not spend ages farting about with text messages and callbacks to verify my location and the length of time I want to park.
Grumble, grumble......
One thing I will say about the phone payment (Watford hospital, anyway) is that when your time is about to run out, it sent me a text message asking if I wanted to extend it. Saved a long trip back to the car.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 07:28 PM   #4509
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I had to finally give in today and book an appointment at the foot and ankle centre. 7 months after surgery and I'm in more pain than ever.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 23-05-17, 08:58 PM   #4510
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
So for years I have been complaining about my grade. My boss and immediate director plus UK HR all agree I am incorrectly graded. But a regrade request was turned down as the UK operation was to be closed down. but in fact the whole organisation was taken over and I am still here a few more years later still incorrectly graded as grades were mapped into the new owners scheme

A couple of weeks ago I agreed to take over a new role. Meaning I had to give up all my UK responsibilities. Great my boss and I thought. Now the regrade/promotion can happen.

No. HR now say the new job I have taken on has to be advertised and I must apply for it. The line management all say it is mine. But I have been back stabbed more than once over the years. Having given over all I was previously doing. If I do not get the job. I have no job!

There used to be a system where promotion was automatic merit based. I have been on the top increment of my current grade for the past 6 years. Now you have to be promoted into a defined role. The role cannot be created for you. Grrhh HR trying to stop jobs for the boys etc.
That's the problem; all jobs have to be advertised internally and externally. Even though some jobs mean that no 'outsider' could walk in to the job and understand the roles & processes.

The 'have to be seen to be doing' rigmarole crap.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote