SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 04-06-08, 08:37 PM   #1
Ed

Default My garden - a few pix

I wanted to share some pics of my garden - it's looking so pretty. 3- 4 years ago I spent a fortune on plants and they have grown nice and big, so much so that they're all merging into each other.

Here's the flower border in the front, between us and our neighbour:

You're looking at lambs' tongue, blue geraniums, sweet rocket, japanese anemones, foxgloves, and a white wisteria creeping up my neighbour's garage And a few weeds. Irritatingly, my neighbour complains because the blue geranium tends to 'flop' over an edge, rather than grow upright, so she gets out the scissors to it as 'it invades my airspace'. How petty.

This next shot is as it turns round a corner in front of the house. The triffid is a giant scabious. I like architectural plants that give structure and an interesting shape. I wish the buds would open, it's a beautiful pale yellow. The plant is about 2m tall, quite a bit taller than me.

The catmint in front of the garage has had a bad hair day. All the neighbouring cats love to sit in it.

The climbing rose has - well - climbed:

These next few plants are my absolute faves in the garden. Nearly in flower, they're giant thistles called cirsiums. They tower over a 2m fence. When I bought them, 3 or 4 years ago, there were each in a three inch pot. They survive drought and severe frost. The only thing they don't like is heavy rain as it breaks the huge but brittle leaves.

Here's another pic of another one. This one is simply enormous, it takes over everything else, but I haven't the heart to chop it.

Ed
Old 04-06-08, 08:50 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: My garden - a few pix

nice plants Ed i like my garden but its not as organized as yours lol.
Old 04-06-08, 08:56 PM   #3
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

NIce pics. I found a couple of old pics of my garden.....beautiful....then came Bob the dog who digs up my prize flower beds, eats my clematis and generally stamps all over my Iris's.....sigh.

Tis so nice to admire someone elses lovely sunny flowers

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 08:58 PM   #4
Bluepete
Mega Poster

That's superb mate!

Love those thistles, I want some cardoons, but don't ahave a field to fit it in!

I'll take some pics of mine tommoz. My scabious is deep red, about 18 inches high.

As for the blue geranium, get a bit of bendy steel, bend it into a loop at the top of a stick an it'll support it well.

My wisteria had very few fowers this year, last year it was a Chelsea flower show winner! This time, the wind literally blew the buds off the plant!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-08, 09:13 PM   #5
b_1_rd

Grass needs cut!

Just kiddin! Looks awesome.
Old 04-06-08, 09:56 PM   #6
melody

The roses are gorgeous.

I dislike gardening, but I might be persuaded otherwise if my garden looked that good.
Old 05-06-08, 09:21 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Mine as seen from my study, AKA the loft.

You cannot see the plants at the from this angle. But the small tree produces the most glorious colours

A lonely poppy waiting for her friends to bloom

See what I mean about the wonderful colour

Last edited by timwilky; 05-06-08 at 09:32 AM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 11:48 AM   #8
vfrcauv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I wanted to share some pics of my garden - it's looking so pretty. 3- 4 years ago I spent a fortune on plants and they have grown nice and big, so much so that they're all merging into each other.

Here's the flower border in the front, between us and our neighbour:

You're looking at lambs' tongue, blue geraniums, sweet rocket, japanese anemones, foxgloves, and a white wisteria creeping up my neighbour's garage And a few weeds. Irritatingly, my neighbour complains because the blue geranium tends to 'flop' over an edge, rather than grow upright, so she gets out the scissors to it as 'it invades my airspace'. How petty.

This next shot is as it turns round a corner in front of the house. The triffid is a giant scabious. I like architectural plants that give structure and an interesting shape. I wish the buds would open, it's a beautiful pale yellow. The plant is about 2m tall, quite a bit taller than me.

The catmint in front of the garage has had a bad hair day. All the neighbouring cats love to sit in it.

The climbing rose has - well - climbed:

These next few plants are my absolute faves in the garden. Nearly in flower, they're giant thistles called cirsiums. They tower over a 2m fence. When I bought them, 3 or 4 years ago, there were each in a three inch pot. They survive drought and severe frost. The only thing they don't like is heavy rain as it breaks the huge but brittle leaves.

Here's another pic of another one. This one is simply enormous, it takes over everything else, but I haven't the heart to chop it.

Ed
Ed,

Beautiful shots & gardens! Just gave me an idea to take some SV shots in a garden. Will see what I can come up with!

Last edited by vfrcauv; 05-06-08 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-06-08, 12:01 PM   #9
Bluepete
Mega Poster

This is from the back door, faces west so we get all the evening sunshine

Canna lilly and colius

baby tree fern fronds!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 12:14 PM   #10
G
Mega Poster

I havea postage stamp sized entirely grass (which hasnt been cut for two week) garden.

Wish I had the time to do something with it.