SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-10, 05:20 PM   #1
tactcom7

Default Bump in the night...

So I was in the shower last night, been in for about 10 minutes when there's 2 loud knocks on the bathroom door.

So I jump out and go into the bedroom to find the missus with the hairdryer on doing her hair, and my mum downstairs making her tea. The missus swears on her mums life it wasn't her (which she'd never do if she was lying)

Freaked me out a bit if I'm honest!
Old 27-10-10, 05:24 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bump in the night...

Trick or Treat !
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 05:31 PM   #3
tactcom7

It didn't help that we were on our way out to watch paranormal activity 2.
Cue the missus at 1am saying she couldn't get to sleep and could we leave the light on!

And THEN,

Was laying in bed this morning, opened the bedroom window. Started chatting about the film and I mentioned my old house that had a basement and a big stone table in it, no sooner had she uttered the words 'scary isn't it?' then the bedroom door flung open. T'was the wind for sure just spooky timing...
Old 27-10-10, 05:44 PM   #4
Bluefish

don't forget to check under the bed, and double check the doors are locked, sweet dreams, muhahaha.
Old 27-10-10, 06:11 PM   #5
speedplay

Was probably just reeder....
Old 27-10-10, 06:16 PM   #6
tactcom7

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Was probably just reeder....
Surely that would have to be 'things that bum in the night...'
Old 27-10-10, 07:34 PM   #7
rowdy

Possible.
Definately some freaky sh*t goes on, and as it's nearly halloween I'll tell you a little story of a weird incident that I encountered one night about 15 or so years ago.

I was walking across the playing fields in the village that I lived in, it was late, probably about 1 o'clock in the morning.
It was a full moon and I could see almost as well as if it was daylight, I could see from one end of the playing field across to the other end no problem.
As I was about 3/4 of the way across the field I heard the sound of a dog running across the field. I stopped and turned full circle, but although I could hear the sound of the dog running in my direction I could not see a thing, it was just myself and my shadow in the field.
The sound of the dogs feet running on the ground, the noise of the dog panting as it was running, and even freakier, the sound of a chain jingling as the dog ran stopped suddenly as if it had just leaped at me.
I froze in anticipation of being taken down by the dog but still there was nothing there, another full circle scan of the area revealed nothing, just me alone in the field.
Needless to say, I freaked and ran home.

I thought that was the end of that little episode and after a day or two just put it down to a trick of the light or some other strange event that made me imagine what had happened, until some time later a friend of mine described exactly the same thing.
Now, there are probably some of you thinking that he was just trying to wind me up, and that is exactly what I thought, so I questioned him about it and he described exactly the same noise from the dog with the chain jingling, the fact that it sounded as if the dog had run right up to him/leaped at him, and he even described the exact spot on the playing field where I had experienced the same thing, and I had made a point of not telling anyone all the details that he had described to me.

I know that a lot of you will think I'm talking b*ll*cks, and well fair enough think what you like but I can honestly tell you that this story is 100% true, I didn't really believe in ghosts and have not experienced anything since that night but it really did freak me out a bit. I was not bladdered, and had not taken any mind bending drugs either.

Anywho, sweet dreams and sleep tight .
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 07:41 PM   #8
minimorecambe

My Dads woke up in the middle of the night a few months back and was unable to move.
He felt as though something / someone was sat on his chest.

Now my Dad is a big bloke, former bodybuilder, with a lot of strength but could not move under the weight of the "thing".

After a couple of minutes the weight shifted and he was able to move again although felt like the air had been pushed out of him.
Old 27-10-10, 07:49 PM   #9
sv4me
Mega Poster

The chances of you getting bitchslapped by a ghost in your own home are very rare so......

sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 08:42 PM   #10
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tactcom7 View Post
Surely that would have to be 'things that bum in the night...'

Stop it. Reeder's a nice lad

Anyway 10 mins is a long time in the shower, isn't it?