SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-04-12, 08:48 PM   #61
missyburd

Default Re: Asif "Mike Tyson" is at a nightclub tonight near me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21QUEST View Post
I'm sorry ...doesn't count... lol.
But I meant it! He broke his bike again! And I can't remember the last time I got breakfast in bed
Old 26-04-12, 08:55 PM   #62
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
I don't get the too drunk to consent thing.

If a bloke wakes up next to a hippo, he f***s off out the window, finds nearest cafe and sobs into his black pudding as the texts from his mates roll in ripping the **** out of him.

Why's them rules different for't flange? Eh?
HA HA! I seriously just snorted almost an entire cup of tea through my nose. PMSL
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-12, 08:57 PM   #63
lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Marcon View Post
I dont believe that, same with the sheffield footballer . The women do it for money and popularity. The lads can have anyone they want. Like the lass wi the Sheffield player she went back to the hotel with him she knew what they were going for and so did he . Every1 wants money these days and her saying he raped her got her everything . Abet shes smiling now thinking the money and fame obv been a bitch . Just my opinion but I don't believe they raped them . Abit of topic but same principle
Are you having a laugh?!?!

A woman had to suffer what I would say is one of the worse things to happen to a female physically. She then had to go and tell complete stranges about this ordeal and be subject to evidence gathering by these stranges. As MBK says to build a case on rape that is strong enough to go to court means there is some pretty concrete evidence there.

Grow up you immature idiot!
Old 26-04-12, 11:18 PM   #64
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
The too drunk to consent thing is supposed to protect the woman who are date raped.

It is incredibly difficult to get convictions for rape and people who spout off absolute nonsense when they know none of the facts - just following a typical opinon of "she was after the headlines", does nothing to help this.

Don't get me wrong, I have no time (read cannot stand) for people who cry wolf when nothing has actually happened but no wonder so many women don't come forward given our society's reaction to cases where the perputrator is convicted!

And YC - that is an incredibly old fashioned view point. On a par with saying "she was drunk and had a short skirt on, she was asking for it."

Oh, and I make NO apology for getting on my high horse with this one.
Ah reet then, go chemically prove that they've got some dirty sh*te in their system then. I would be incredibly surprised if it's not detectable with modern forensic methods when they can sniff 1/8th of a DNA at 50 paces...

Date rape, fair do's. Shoot the b*stards.

If a girl date rapes herself with bacardi breezer then that's a different kettle of fish no matter who's buying them.*

"She was drunk and had a short skirt on then consented to sex and changed her mind in the morning". Is what I am whinging at.*

N.B all for sexual equality me. Bloke gets 15 pints down him, goes out the window in the morning. Same sh*t different outcome.
Old 27-04-12, 12:00 PM   #65
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
But I meant it! He broke his bike again! And I can't remember the last time I got breakfast in bed
Not one sausage? Shame on you Chris
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 12:02 PM   #66
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltonSte View Post
Not one sausage? Shame on you Chris
Old 27-04-12, 02:53 PM   #67
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Whoa....wait a minute, he broke his bike...again? Is this the same 'again' as t'other week on the bridge, or a new 'again' again?
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-12, 03:22 PM   #68
missyburd

no same one, he's not been out on it since, trying to fix it in between work. And drinking lol.
Old 27-04-12, 03:31 PM   #69
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Oh yeah...I forgot he had a 'real' job now lol
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-12, 11:47 AM   #70
grh1904

I am amazed by some of the comments on here re the rape, but then again most people still think of rape as being where man "forces" himself on the woman & he is too strong for her to fight off etc.

Also, most people, when asked, say that they would fight/kick/scream/bite etc their attacker. The reality is that a part of the brain called the amygdala (spelling??) takes over which is the fight/flight section of the brain & in times of stress it takes over from the cortex (rational, thinking section).

How do i know this??

I am an STO (Specially trained Officer) - what used to be refered as SOLO (Sexual Offences Liasion Officer). I get called out to deal with the victims of rape. I do believe that that makes me more qualified than anyone who has posted on here so far....................

That is not to sound big headed etc, just that I have been trained to deal with victims, assist FME's to do sexual assault medical examinations etc & to conduct serious & complex victim & witness interviews - (videoed if necessary).

May I suggest that you look up a lady called Zoe Lodrick & try & find some of her presentations on line (if they are). One of the most insightful & thought provoking moments in my entire life was when Zoe gave a presentation at my force & put us inside the mind of a sex offender.

She then talked us through a rape scenario & WOW, how it has COMPLETELY changed my mind. What I (& others) would previously have thought of as consensual but with a later on mind change is an actual rape.

I will not go into details on a public forum but I recently dealt with a victim where there was absolutely no force what-so-ever used.