SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-09-08, 11:07 AM   #1
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Question A question RE race leathers

Right now I'm renowned for being a bit of a plonker and I want your honest opinions .org...
A couple of weeks back I took apart my neighbours old honda cub cleaned it up and got it running after being stood for 5 years. I sold it on ebay for £700 (!) to a couple who drove an 18hour round trip to collect it (!!) absolute madness but anyway said neighbour gave me £400 for my troubles (I'd actually offered to do it for free). Well anyway with 400 english (and some scottish) pounds burning a hole in my pocket I walked into HG and before I new it I'd bought some alpine stars leathers reduced from £550 to £400
Now my question is (and I suspect the answer) would I look a complete tool in these on a little curvy naked sv650?

Old 21-09-08, 11:09 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: A question RE race leathers

Nope you'll look fine, black goes with everything.

As long as you are happy who gives a stuff what anybody else thinks.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-08, 11:12 AM   #3
Dave20046
Mega Poster

My initial reasoning was that they're comfy, offer good protection (I'm fond of my skin) and were at a decent price I wasn't really too arsed that I was just on my humble 650x. But a mate sniggered a me the other day which made me wonder if the rest of sheffield would **** themselves as I drove past. I got him back anyway when I caught him yesterday with a harley davidson leather jacket on on a sneaky ride out.
Old 21-09-08, 11:20 AM   #4
Sean_C

Black goes with everything- you'll look fine. You can also change your bike and not look daft with yellow leathers on a blue bike.. I think black looks the best, just my opinion though
Old 21-09-08, 11:27 AM   #5
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Black goes with everything- you'll look fine. You can also change your bike and not look daft with yellow leathers on a blue bike.. I think black looks the best, just my opinion though
Cheers for the reassurance lol like you say glad I didn't go ott and buy a wasp outfit. I just the the fact I was in race leathers on a naked might look funny...although I did see some one in full white race leathers on a 125 the otherday....

wonder if this is poll material...
Old 21-09-08, 11:32 AM   #6
Dangerous Dave

If you find them comfy then there is nothing better, you won't look a tool as they aren't in your face like some leather are and as said above black goes with everything.
Old 21-09-08, 12:30 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Anyone who laughs at you for wearing proper protective gear, you laugh at. You'll find no matter what you wear some peopel will find it funny, my office finds my gear hilarious, who cares? It might just be a "little" 650 but it'll still hurt you very badly if you let it, it's not a scooter.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-08, 12:38 PM   #8
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
It might just be a "little" 650 but it'll still hurt you very badly if you let it
+ 1, I have the scars and metal work to prove it.
Old 21-09-08, 01:39 PM   #9
xXBADGERXx

I`ve got metal work and terrible injuries from 125 accidents over the years , wear your leathers with pride and don`t worry about it , nice choice and a good decision . You can get into trouble on a scooter yanno . Look in MCN , they all wear leathers on most tests , no matter what the bike is .
Old 21-09-08, 04:36 PM   #10
Smoggy

Hope not, since those are the same as my leathers haha.. Though I'm half faring..

I find my set really comfortable too.. Haven't found anything else as comfortable on the backside/crotch for riding distance/'enthusiastically'.~

Pretty waterproof aswell, apart from a few dampish patches from were the stretchy bits are..