SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 14-04-09, 11:12 AM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Exclamation Tyndrum facilities

Had a wee run /overnight stay at tyndrum and had a bit of a scout about to check out the options for the massacre.

There are limited facilities and options and will be heavily dependant on what we (everyone) wants.

As far as i can see we need 2 breakfasts and a dinner.

4 options

The food stop, basically a chippie but does bacon or egg rolls, so options for breakfast and carryout dinner.

Green welly incorporating snack shop, again rolls , plated breakfasts, panninis etc,

Tyndrum Lodge (inc Paddys Bar) Paddys (self explanatory) pub with standard menu but limited seating, Lodge is next door and connected together, same menu as paddys but laid out as you would expect of a hotel restaurant. Decent menu but also carvery (4 roasts, steak pie and all trimings) we ate and stayed here and food was decent and reasonably priced.

self cater, everyone makes their own of visits one of the three options above, or someone organises and prepares something similar to last year (this is the cheapest option but its a surprising amount of preperation and work on the day.

I spoke at length to the manager of the tyndrum lodge and he would be more than happy to accomodate us for either breakfast (one or 2 days) or Dinner or both.
Voulnteered to close the hotel restaurant for a "private party" ie us. it can take up to around 80 at a squeeze but 50 would be comfortable. has its own bar as well.
again 3 options here,
order off the satndard menu as individuals.
limited prepared menu with 3 or 4 options (easier for him and would reduce costs for us.
The buffet Carvery, help yourself eat as much as you want.

All of these options have available bolt ons, starters / deserts etc, also veggie option if carvery was picked.

Standard price was
£7.95, carvery only, £10.95 carvery and desert, so we'd see a reduction in this.

Plus side of this is that we are all in one place, down side is the organisation, we would need to get (almost) definate numbers and any special dietery requirements, also need to tie down a time (I suggested 8pm, gives us plenty o time and lets him use the restaurant normally up to about 7) Also said he would cone off a large area of carpark for the bikes.

so what are the thoughts, if i can think of a concise way to poll this then i will do it later.

We should also consider drinking, do we want to eat then head back up to the site with carryouts or stay at bar and back to the site later.
From Tyndrum to entrance to site is 1.8miles along nsl single carriage way road at night with varying degrees of intoxication, if this was the plan then i'd suggest organised / together preferably with some high viz and torches. May seem a bit "nanny state" or overkill but a bit of a dampner on the weekend if someone is knocked down.

Oh If we were doing breakfast there the carpark is plenty big enough for the meet /start point,

Sorry know its a long thread and i've probably repeated myself and missed important points but opinions / questions to get the ball rollling and i'll try to answer /clarify what i can
Old 14-04-09, 11:23 AM   #2
Kilted Ginger

Default Re: Tyndrum facilities

Menus

Food stop

Tyndrum lodge / paddys bar...
Starters
Home-made soup of the day £3.50
served with a roll
Our special nachos £4.95
served with chunky guacamole, sour
cream and spicy tomato salsa
Cheesy potato wedges £3.95
gooey cheese & potato heaven
Chicken satay skewers £4.95
served with a firey chilli dip
Prawn Cocktail £3.95
served with brown bread
PANINIS
Served between 11am & 5pm
All Paninis £4.50
Our Paninis are packed with filling,
cooked to order and served with
side salad & homemade
Coleslaw.
Choose from:
Cheese & Ham
Cheese & Pepperoni
Cheese &Onion
Spiced Chicken & Cheese
Tuna & Cheese
“good beer & good cheer
Always served here!”
MAIN COURSES
ROAST OF THE DAY
Served daily with a selection of vegetables & £7.95

roasted potatoes.
Please ask for today’s choice
PADDY’S GRILL MENU
Burgers - 1/4lb Cheeseburger, 6oz Venison £5.50
Burger, Chicken Burger, Vegy Burger

served with
chips, coleslaw & homemade ketchup.
Add

bacon to your Burger for 50p extra

8oz sirloin steak

served with golden chips & salad £10.95
12oz ribeye steak

served with golden chips & salad £14.95
Fillet of salmon

served with new potatoes & salad £10.50
Cajun Style Chicken

served with salad & rice £8.50
FISH DISHES
Breaded scampi

served with golden chips & salad £7.95
Battered haddock

served with golden chips £7.95
Traditional Fish Pie

topped with mash £7.95
Vegetarian DISHES
Vegy Burger

served with golden chips & salad £5.50
Cheese Salad

served with new potatoes or wedges £6.95
Cheesey Pasta

served with garlic bread £6.95
Homemade Steak & Ale Pie

served with golden £7.95
chips & vegetables
Homemade Turkey & Bacon Pie

served with £7.95
golden chips & vegetables
Chicken Korma

served with Pilau Rice & Poppadoms £7.95
Beef Madras

served with Pilau Rice & Poppadoms £7.95
SIDE ORDERS
Side of Chips £1.95
Salad Bowl £1.95
Onion Rings £1.95
Garlic Bread £1.95
Gravy £2.25
Pepper Sauce £2.25
Bread Roll £0.75
DESSERTS
Vanilla Ice Cream £2.95
with chocolate sauce
Sticky Toffee Pudding £3.95
with cream
Home-made Hot Apple Crumble £3.95
with custard
Chocolate Fudge Cake £3.95
with Ice Cream

Old 14-04-09, 11:47 AM   #3
Speedy Claire

Thats brilliant and many thanks for all your trouble.

Personally I think that all of us together in one place would be a good idea and it sounds like the manager is prepared to go to a lot of trouble to accommodate us, the menu also looks varied and a great selection of food.

Mike and I wouldn`t need breakfast (we`re B and B) but an evening meal together with everyone would be great. Best of luck organising us all, i think it could be a nightmare!
Old 28-04-09, 06:20 PM   #4
Kilted Ginger

UPDATE....

Well folks having made a couple of trips to Tyndrum to check out the victual provision, here is a brief summary for your perusal and edification.

Green Welly, Tyndrum Lodge, Food Stop. That is all. See above for more details.

Following discussions there a couple of options,

Friday Night...
People arriving at different times so sort yourself out, you only have 3 choices (or bring sandwiches) or you may want to eat a bit further south.
Alcohol, there is a small licenced shop in tyndrum, other than that it is the Pub. Remember Saturday will be an early start and a long day.

Saturday...
Breakfast, we can all suit ourselves or we can all eat at the Tyndrum Lodge together, poll to follow

Lunch, Being lnvestigated, details to follow

Dinner.... As above 3 places to eat. Again everyone can suit themselves or we can organise a private meal at the tyndrum lodge, Poll to follow

Sunday.. As different people will have different plans for today probably easiest to suit ourselves.

Info... If the consensus if to do either or both the group breakfast and evening meal, then we will need confirmed numbers soon.
This means if we book 40 meals and only 35 turn up for whatever reason and we get charged for 40 (as happened last year) those who did not show still stump up the dough!!!

I'm having a last look tomorrow so should have polls etc organised by the weekend.

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 28-04-09 at 06:26 PM.
Old 29-04-09, 07:35 AM   #5
DaveP

Loving the amount of work you have put in in regards FooD and DRINK, looking forward to this a bit more now!! (diddnt think that was possible)

How's this tho.... makes it as simple as possible.... with the work required by the organisers being nothing more than calling the gaff up and saying "X" amount for the private carvery on saturday please.......... O and get an extra keg in.

Friday ...Chippy(or whatever) and 4 pack....Who am i kidding 8 pack (random arival times... so look after ourselves.)

Saturday...Carvery.... Nuff said... its the obvious choice.

Breakfast.... look after yourselves be it on site or down the road or what. (hope the guys in my wigwam like the smell of smoked bacon in the morning ....breakfast is on me!!)

SIMPLES......mwah

Dave
Old 08-05-09, 12:52 PM   #6
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Was just wondering how plans were going, and when we'd get the poll to decide what we want for the breakfast/carvery thingymebob. I need to pass on the info to my friends, as I'll have to put in post what they want, not being members and all.

Plus shameful bump as I'm getting excited

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-09, 12:58 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

The Green Welly Stop in Tyndrum has a petrol station in it, depending on numbers that'll either be the starting point, or possibly we'll be starting just over the road but within sight of it. Learned that lesson last year! Anyone starting the rideout without enough fuel to get to the next official fuel stop may not live to tell the tale.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-09, 12:06 AM   #8
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

cheers for all your hard work..

me reckons friday is do yer own thing eh.. no doubt as folk arrive we will chat and sort something

sat the meal alltogether at the carvery /set meal sounds fab and for safety reasons I think tinnys and round the camp fire is best .. but no doubt some will want the pub.. sounds dangerous the walk home..

we were spoilt last year really short safe walk to an ace pub and a bar on site too.. but will be a shame if everyone fragments..

anyways. whatever- we will be there and having fun...no doubt nipping out with an empty rucksack to get some cans and bread n milk n beans and then go with the flow,, its scotland,, camp fire n fresh air..