SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-02-09, 08:35 PM   #71
gazza

Default Re: TPS Mod Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

Just done the TPS set up. What a pig to get set right!!!! My K7 has a different TPS to the one on the photo's & i couldnt find the tickover adjuster. Still the same procedure though. MY K7 was changing state at 3400rpm. I cant test it yet as the roads look like a skating rink.
Old 02-04-09, 08:01 PM   #72
Bibio
Mega Poster

just done this to a K8 twin spark version. everything is the same as earlier including it being the lower sensor..

difference is huge, a lot smother and less jerky. my tps was kicking in around 4200 revs, its now 1500 ish revs, biggest difference i have found is going round mini roundabouts, its a joy now where as before it was jerky as hell.. its like riding a different bike.. a lot more pleasurable..

something also quite strange is and i dont know if its just me getting used to the bike, but i seem to be hitting the rev limiter easier.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 02:45 PM   #73
Ruthja2801

Gonna attempt this myself tomorrow! I have all the tools! Anybody got any further tips?

Last edited by Ruthja2801; 04-04-09 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-04-09, 03:45 PM   #74
svdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthja2801 View Post
Gonna attempt this myself tomorrow! I have all the tools! Anybody got any further tips?
Take your time when you rev the throttle as the gauge takes a while to catch up.
Old 04-04-09, 08:10 PM   #75
thefallenangel

had a go at this an hour ago and the bottom f**kin bolt rounded. Thinking how to get it out as grips, pliers are all to dodgy to get into the slot and you can't hammer up the next size in. Hacksaw looks too awkward to get it too.

Had the bloody right size torx bit on a 1/4" ratchet too.
Old 04-04-09, 08:26 PM   #76
VolatileParsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallenangel View Post
had a go at this an hour ago and the bottom f**kin bolt rounded. Thinking how to get it out as grips, pliers are all to dodgy to get into the slot and you can't hammer up the next size in. Hacksaw looks too awkward to get it too.

Had the bloody right size torx bit on a 1/4" ratchet too.
Probably the best thing to do is to displace the throttle bodies so that you can get at the bolt properly. You'll need to remove the airbox first but it's all a fairly straightforward job.

Had to do it myself yesterday evening so that I could get a good purchase on the bolt holding a throttle stop in place. Obviously my dealer felt the need to MIG weld this stop onto the throttle body when they installed the cra**y FI restrictor kit
Old 11-04-09, 06:37 PM   #77
rossinio

Well add me to the list of people who've done it made a pretty big difference, very nice and smooth, gives a *massive* boost to confidence everywhere and removes a lot of the lumpiness in the engine..

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 11-04-09, 06:38 PM   #78
rossinio

Well add me to the list of people who've done it made a pretty big difference, very nice and smooth, gives a *massive* boost to confidence everywhere and removes a lot of the lumpiness in the engine..

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 23-04-09, 02:41 PM   #79
Woz

Just had a got at this and I have to agree, what a pig of a job.

Before I put everthing back together, is there a downside to the line moving too early ie. the moment pressure is applied to the throttle (1300 rpm ish)?

Edit... A absolute pig of a job because numpty here completely mis-read ANTI -clockwise when adjusting the sensor . Once I realised, got the idle speed down from 5000, stopped the thick black smoke pouring from the exhaust and adjusted it properly, it was fairly straight forward

And the torx bolts were a doddle

Last edited by Woz; 23-04-09 at 03:12 PM.
Old 24-04-09, 09:31 PM   #80
AZ Pete

Add another to the list that have made the adjustment. I replaced the screws with cap screws, while I was at it. Thanks for taking the time to post the step-by-step instructions.