SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-10-06, 10:28 AM   #1
The Basket

Default New Bike Mag

Lots of SV stuff in this months.

2nd hand and a new test.

It gets beaten by the BMW F800.

Thats progress for you.
Old 11-10-06, 10:35 AM   #2
zedleppelin1981

Dont usually buy bike mag but did this month for the SV articles and Jezza Clarkson's interview.

The F800S I did consider but WAY too expensive for me. Its a great bike, but not worth the extra over the SV (IMHO).

The only area where the F has the SV beaten hands down is the fact it has belt drive. I hate having to mess about oiling and adjusting a chain
Old 11-10-06, 10:39 AM   #3
wyrdness

Default Re: New Bike Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket
Lots of SV stuff in this months.

2nd hand and a new test.

It gets beaten by the BMW F800.

Thats progress for you.
The F800 beat it on points, but most of the testers said that, despite this, they'd rather buy the SV.
Old 11-10-06, 10:41 AM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedleppelin1981
The only area where the F has the SV beaten hands down is the fact it has belt drive. I hate having to mess about oiling and adjusting a chain
Even paying to get a Scottoiler fitted wont take the SV into the BMW price bracket.......

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 10:43 AM   #5
Law

Must get the new mag, and find a BMW dealer that allows me a test ride (just to compare).
Old 11-10-06, 10:51 AM   #6
zedleppelin1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law
Must get the new mag, and find a BMW dealer that allows me a test ride (just to compare).
Dont know if there is a dealer in Guildford but I did pay a visit to SPC outside Alton. As I'm not your typical prospective BMW bike owner (mid 20's, dressed in jeans & denim jacket) they did not want to know and were not interested. Though it did mean I could sit on the bike and have a good play with it
Old 11-10-06, 11:01 AM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

I want a go on one as well. Saw the ST up close and liked it, but it's the bikini faired one I like. TBH it should beat the SV, it's newer, bigger lazier engine, probably better built too, and not on such a shoestring. Just like the ER6 ought to, since it's so much newer.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 11:08 AM   #8
glade

wonder if subscriber copies have arrivewd yet

they were delayed this month so they could get every 2007 bike in apparently
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 11:27 AM   #9
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedleppelin1981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law
Dont know if there is a dealer in Guildford but I did pay a visit to SPC outside Alton. As I'm not your typical prospective BMW bike owner (mid 20's, dressed in jeans & denim jacket) they did not want to know and were not interested. Though it did mean I could sit on the bike and have a good play with it
There's one in Guildford called Vines which I've never been to. I'm not holding out much hope of getting a test ride as I'm 24.

That's not good practice to turn away a potential buyer. You don't have to look rich to be rich, and I thought the whole point of these new BMW's were to attract new younger customers into the marque.
Old 11-10-06, 11:46 AM   #10
riktherider

subscribed ones came through today. havnt got round to opening it yet as been busy working on the boike getting it working again.

Would the bmw be worth getting over the sv?? i do really like it, and especially the one they had in last months bike, the one doing the no handed wheelie, looks awsome.