SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 03-10-07, 08:43 PM   #1
aarond

Default Just a quick hello

As title suggest's really... moved up from lincoln to aberdeen for uni. Had nice weather so far so can't complain however cant seem to find as many bendy roads. Any good one's about the area. My bike's are staying in Fraserburgh so anything about aberdeen Fraserburgh would be great.

Thanks Aaron
Old 03-10-07, 09:34 PM   #2
SVTONYB

Default Re: Just a quick hello

Welcome to the ecosse section Aaron you seem to have brought the weather with you
I dont know my way about Aberdeen but I'm sure someone on here will be along soon to tell all
Old 03-10-07, 09:35 PM   #3
haggis

heya!

Not sure about Aberdeen or Fraserburgh, but stay off the A96 if you wanna live though! It's crawling with demented cagers.

I know there's some good roads a bitty to the west of you. Speyside is a good start, Carrbridge, Tomintoul, Lecht etc.

A bit further and you have the excellent A82 if you wanted to explore further.

What about joining us this weekend at Aviemore?
Old 04-10-07, 06:34 AM   #4
Tiger 55

Ahoy!

Watch out for those Brochers mate, they talk funny and that...
Old 04-10-07, 09:44 AM   #5
aarond

Quote:
What about joining us this weekend at Aviemore?
I may actually if i can find a new rear tyre pronto, as to add to my problems inspecting bike had something like a BT staple in the tyre and as there are 1.6mm tread really need a new one so here's hoping can get that sorted!!
Old 04-10-07, 10:47 AM   #6
kitkat

hiya, maybe see you at the weekend in aviemore
Old 04-10-07, 12:43 PM   #7
-Ralph-

WELCOME!
Old 04-10-07, 02:45 PM   #8
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Welcome - if you don't know the area you'd do much worse than to spend a few evenings / weekends just going for runs - it's gorgeous up there!!!

PS - Nice Bike, is that the sort of very dark (almost black) pearlescent blue colour? Same as mine if it is, hadn't seen another one before! They're all blue & yellow round here.

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 03:56 PM   #9
suicidesam

Welcome to the Ecosse mob

Was up your way a few months ago staying in a caravan/camping park on the south side of the River Dee, B9077 at Maryculter. The road past there going to Banchory seems to be very popular, took a drive out in the car and was wishing i had the bike Some very nice twisty bits and a few straight-ish nail it parts. Was sat with a beer one night guessing what kind of bike was gunning it down the road.
Note.. Few bits of the road there are over shaddowed with tree's, could be dodgy with leaves on the road this time of the year, most of the tight bends had red grippy stuff.
From Banchory there's a few nice roads up to Alford and from there back to the City.
Old 04-10-07, 08:06 PM   #10
aarond

Quote:
PS - Nice Bike, is that the sort of very dark (almost black) pearlescent blue colour? Same as mine if it is, hadn't seen another one before! They're all blue & yellow round here.
no well i dont think so it is sort of metalic black think it is Saturn Black Metallic but that is not suppose to be on a 1999 curvy according to some sites. lol.

Looking more and more likely can come on ride out!!! so may see a few of you there