SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 16-03-07, 12:25 AM   #1
stuartyboy

Default Disappearing posts?

Is anyone else having their posts deleted without any explanation?
Old 16-03-07, 01:15 AM   #2
-Ralph-

Default Re: Disappearing posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy View Post
Is anyone else having their posts deleted without any explanation?
I guess your referring to the one about the 1098 which, yep, it would seem to have disappeared.

Probably the title was a wee bit too adult for some of our younger viewers because it had the "sx" word in it (not sure how many of those we really have, but nothing stopping the kids browsing daddy's favorites unsupervised I suppose).

My mates two year old is better at browsing the web than her mother, especially when on cbeebies!

Re-post the same story under a heading with no "sx" -ual reference and it'll probably hang about no probs.

Don't know if these forums have any kind of content filter that automatically deletes posts with certain words, or mibbee the daddy in question complained after he got asked what a "sx" "p" was over dinner by his six year old.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 16-03-07 at 01:18 AM.
Old 16-03-07, 01:38 AM   #3
stuartyboy

Complete over reaction IMO. I also got hassled by admin the other day because I had two logins.

If I did something wrong then a quiet word would have been appropriate. However it reeks of pure hypocrisy because there have been far worse things said by other members. Filter - naw - just nannying pure and simple.

This forum has gone overboard on political correctness since the "upgrade". We now have U ratings and claims about "effective ownership" of the SV650 brand! Hmm...think suzuki might question that one.

Last but not least - Scotland now appears to be a region - something I take extreme offence at
Old 16-03-07, 08:46 AM   #4
Tiger 55

Quote:
Last but not least - Scotland now appears to be a region - something I take extreme offence at
Hey, that's one of my pet hates or it was when I was young enough to muster the necessary enthusiasm to hate something. Nowadays I just sort of sigh...

As for the newspeak, I rely on the settings to asterisk out stuff like golf, **** and ******** and then just type away, but I'd like to think my kids could browse the forum without learning any new words.

Don't suppose you've got any links to some of the "far worse" stuff
Old 16-03-07, 08:48 AM   #5
Tiger 55

Hey, we're allowed to say golf! Take that Big Brother.
Old 16-03-07, 09:55 AM   #6
Jelster

Whether it was or wasn't deleted would be up to your regional mod.. Drop one of them a PM and ask (in fact, you can PM more than one person at a time now so I'd do that).

If you think it was close to the mark, why type it ? Sorry, but rules is rules mate..

And "Scotland" isn't a region per se, but unless you are going to have a Highlands group, Edinburgh Group etc then it makes sense to have the whole of your bonny little land covered by a single "Region" for the sake of forum admin...

Old 16-03-07, 10:53 AM   #7
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster View Post
Whether it was or wasn't deleted would be up to your regional mod.. Drop one of them a PM and ask (in fact, you can PM more than one person at a time now so I'd do that).

If you think it was close to the mark, why type it ? Sorry, but rules is rules mate..

And "Scotland" isn't a region per se, but unless you are going to have a Highlands group, Edinburgh Group etc then it makes sense to have the whole of your bonny little land covered by a single "Region" for the sake of forum admin...

I did drop a pm and got a very poor reply back!

I don't think it was close to the mark at all. It was a humorous post about a test run on a Ducati 1098.

If the filter was setup properly then it would have taken care of any bad words. None were asterisked...end of.

Rules are rules but common sense is common sense and our mod showed none in this instance. All it would have taken was a pm telling to tone it down and no feathers would have been ruffled. Very petty.

Tiger - there's been a couple but I don't want to single them out cos I'd get grief for doing that. Just cannae win.

If there was any consistency then Muzikill's completely innocuous "Dirty dirty leathers ooer" thread would have been deleted too.

Wonder how long before this thread gets deleted?

Last edited by stuartyboy; 16-03-07 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Toning it down for the U filter I wrote "the" again - sooo sorry
Old 16-03-07, 11:30 AM   #8
on yer bike

I agree with this going over board, especially with the pointless stuff in brackets appearing all over the place!
I also believe that if a post is being modified or deleted then the member should be notified of what is done, when and why by the mod taking the action... its not asking much really, just a bit of common courtesy really.

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-07, 01:04 PM   #9
K

Quote:
This forum has gone overboard on political correctness since the "upgrade". We now have U ratings and claims about "effective ownership" of the SV650 brand! Hmm...think suzuki might question that one.

Um, as far as I'm aware there has always been a U rating applied to the forum's contents.

Likewise SV Ecosse has always been listed under the banner of 'Regional Forums' just like everyone else.
If you're objecting to this is because you would like to see a 'Glasgow Forum' or a 'Highland Forum' for example... then prove there is the need and it may appear (just like the East Anglian section).
If however your objection is down to some kind of 'national pride' then take it somewhere it really matters, rather than a bike forum.

As for the ownership of the 'SV Brand' - bad wording perhaps as it's always been an issue with the 'Org Brand' so to speak. Which does have a distinct history of ownership/guardianship that it pays to show some measure of respect towards.

Last edited by K; 16-03-07 at 01:06 PM. Reason: .
Old 16-03-07, 03:17 PM   #10
stuartyboy

Hmm...national pride....it pays to show some measure of respect towards....

That'll be the same respect the particular mod showed to its members then!

sigh

Last edited by stuartyboy; 16-03-07 at 03:22 PM.