SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-01-09, 03:19 PM   #1
Filipe M.

Default Please recommend me some good brick & mortar camera stores in London, will you?

As per title, mate of mine is flying to London next friday and he's thinking of coming back with a nice new shiny lens (or two) for his Nikon SLR.

We've been looking at Jessops online store and prices seem decent, should we be looking somewhere else?

Thank you muchly,

Sincerely yours, confused from Portugal.
Old 02-01-09, 03:32 PM   #2
$tevo

Default Re: Please recommend me some good brick & mortar camera stores in London, will you?

A brick and mortar camera will be very heavy.

I'll get me coat...
Old 02-01-09, 03:53 PM   #3
Bear

Default Re: Please recommend me some good brick & mortar camera stores in London, will you?

Jessops is good as far as I know.
Old 02-01-09, 05:01 PM   #4
joelowden

Greys of westminster are probably the best nikon shop going.
http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/
Old 02-01-09, 05:07 PM   #5
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelowden View Post
Holy cow... Someone's going to be drooling all over the place...
Old 02-01-09, 05:32 PM   #6
Lou M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelowden View Post
That's who I was going to recommend!!! Wait till you get into the shop! Mr Lou was hours!! Excellent service.
Old 02-01-09, 05:41 PM   #7
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou M View Post
That's who I was going to recommend!!! Wait till you get into the shop! Mr Lou was hours!! Excellent service.
Unfortunately it's not me who's going, it's a mate, I just showed him the website and we're both drooling all over the computer screens...

*fingers crossed for tonight's lottery numbers...*
Old 02-01-09, 05:44 PM   #8
Lou M

Tell him not to book his return flight too soon then, he might be delayed!

Mr Lou ordered some stuff on line from them, then when he was in London decided to pop in. Their second hand range is good too.
Old 02-01-09, 06:37 PM   #9
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe M. View Post
Unfortunately it's not me who's going, it's a mate, I just showed him the website and we're both drooling all over the computer screens...

*fingers crossed for tonight's lottery numbers...*
Aw Filipe. Can't you take advantage of our Monopoly money pound and come with? The pound's not even worth €1. Oh how the mighty are fallen.

C'mon over
Old 02-01-09, 06:41 PM   #10
Lou M

Mr Lou also says that if you ask Gray nicely he'll let your friend go down into the showroom!