SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-08-10, 07:27 AM   #931
Icanopit

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Sadly "Flameboy" lost his job (due to absence dealing with his problem) had to sell his bike and then moved home. He now has new employment and is saving in earnest to purchase a replacement SV

I am sure when he becomes active again on the forum he will make us all aware of the outcome of his difficulities.

JOHN
Old 24-08-10, 09:37 AM   #932
shifter

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

I realy hope he gets some form of compensation from the plod for all this.
Old 18-10-10, 06:35 PM   #933
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Just seen him post up in the For sale section
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-10, 07:48 PM   #934
Flameboy

Hi guys, Sorry it has been so long since my last updates but the story has all but run dry, Since meeting the inspector and chatting with him about how the situation was dealt with and both of us coming to an agreement that the main issue was very little to no communication given to me over the duration they had my bike, after slight persuasion by him and my Grandfather it was decided that we wouldn't make a complaint, and it would probably cause more of a problem than it would have solved.

Pictures were taken of the damages caused to the bike while they had it and the cost of the damages were refunded.

As John mentioned above for me, I also lost my job the same weekend this took place... obviously with no intention of selling the bike at that time, but once this had kicked off having the costs of getting my bike a further 3bhp restricted, tested and certified it would have been far to expensive for me and consequentially I had to sell it.

Back on topic... I've heard NOTHING from the police since about any sort of prosecution (thankfully) Perhaps lack of evidence or the way it was dealt with... who knows.

For me now it's in the past and as mentioned, YES I am again looking for a SV with a new job and a bigger wage backing me!

Again sorry for my neglect of this topic, hope to be on the roads again soon!

Flame.
Old 19-10-10, 08:52 PM   #935
Milky Bar Kid

I don't think I would have let that rest so easily if the circumstances were as you reported them to us. But, your decision and glad its all sorted for you now.
Old 19-10-10, 08:52 PM   #936
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Congrats on getting stuff sorted, glad it's over for you.
Whole thing must still have left a bitter taste!
Old 20-10-10, 07:06 AM   #937
en4rab

I seem to have arrived at this party a little late but having read all this thread id like to say im glad you got everything sorted in the end Flameboy.
And you wont ever hear anything about prosecution from the police, as it stands I sincerely doubt that any police force in the country has access to the sort of testing equipment required to accurately record the power of a motorbike, as embee has pointed out the revolving lump of concrete that makes iffy power printouts (ie the type of dyno you find in your local garage) just isnt accurate and is not suitable for checking, if it had shown you bike to be 70HP or something there might have been a case as that would be beyond the error of reading for even an inertial dyno but the police suggesting that a reading a few HP over might be cause to charge you was them putting the frighteners on you.
This might help you understand why the equipment the police likely have access to isnt the sort of stuff you can get accurate readings from http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/1..._creation.html

As it stand it looks like this 33HP law is all but unenforcable, there is no requirement for certification, almost no way to verifiy certification if it was a requirement, and will ultimately only end up with horror stories like this one.
I did briefly wonder if requireing all restriction kits to carry an embedded RFID transponder (datatag chip) to allow police to scan the bike with their datatag reader and see "Restricted" show in the display, but even this could be defeated with a £4 Q5 chip and a £100 writer.

I honestly cant think of a sane method of enforcing this rule, the only time it would really make sense is post accident investigation when you can strip the bike at your leisure to examine it.
en4rab is offline   Reply With Quote