SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-01-06, 01:00 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Record speed nut dies - from todays papers.

From todays papers:

A Motorcyclist who made legal history when he was caught at 155mph has been killed in a crash - whilst speeding.

Lee Beddis, 37, died when his powerful 1000cc Suzuki hit a car on a country road.

The factory worker from Blaina, South Wales, recorded the highest ever speed camera reading on a 60mph road in 2003.

Drivers described him as "just a blur".

He was banned for a year, but bought a new bike after serving his time, a Newport inquest heard yesterday.

One Witness who saw Beddis just before the fatal crash said: "The bike was squealing, he was travelling too fast."

The dad of one died of multiple injuries. Verdict: Misadventure.

RIP fella. Condolenses to all his friends, family and colleagues.

Never nice to hear when a fellow biker dies, especially after witnessing a few fatal bike incidents personally.. always upsets me.
Old 27-01-06, 01:06 PM   #2
keithd

RIP indeed

without wishing to sound contravertial, but sounds like he died doing what he loved, riding fast.
Old 27-01-06, 01:07 PM   #3
BillyC
Mega Poster

Yes, tragic....

... I'm sorry, but what a Tw@.

I only hope that he didn't injure or distress anyone in the car he hit, as a result of his selfish stupidity.

155mph... and only a year ban? I thought they were tough on this in Wales!?
Old 27-01-06, 01:07 PM   #4
Gnan

just goes to show that even though you think you may be in control humans always over-estimate their abilities and reactions shame he had to learn the hard way..
Old 27-01-06, 01:08 PM   #5
richwill68

Ride free and die young......ride safer, maybe live longer. It's all about freedom of choice. Make your own choices, boys and girls.

RIP brother Welshman, and condolences to those you leave behind.
Old 27-01-06, 01:11 PM   #6
Halonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by richwill68
Ride free and die young......ride safer, maybe live longer. It's all about freedom of choice. Make your own choices, boys and girls.

RIP brother, and condolences to those you leave behind.
actually pretty much what he said
Old 27-01-06, 01:21 PM   #7
Anonymous

More information:

http://archive.thisisgwent.co.uk/2005/9/19/78169.html

Appears he did hit a car...

Lee Beddis, 37, from Blaina, died after a separate motorbike accident at about 7.45am on Friday.

One neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said he was riding along Gwehelog Road in Usk on his way to work, when his bike was in collision with a car.

Mr Beddis died later at the University of Wales Hospital in Cardiff.

She said: "I was so shocked when I heard. I only saw him the other day. He was a very nice person all the time, so cheerful."

The neighbour said the man had a young child and lived with his partner.

Anyone with information about the weekend's motorbike accidents can phone Gwent Police on 01633 838111 or 01633 643091.
Old 27-01-06, 01:22 PM   #8
Gnan

^^ depends if you take anyone else out who may not have wanted to die so soon
Old 27-01-06, 01:28 PM   #9
richwill68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnan
^^ depends if you take anyone else out who may not have wanted to die so soon
A fair point and well made! The choices we make can impact on the lives of others. Whether people care, consider or are willing to take responsibility for their choices is a matter for huge debate BUT we should all be afforded freedom of choice. Just choose wisely......
Old 27-01-06, 01:41 PM   #10
Jelster

Riding motorcycles is a very selfish pastime. The chances of being involved in a serious accident are fairly high (no matter how good you are) and you may well leave dependants behind, as this guy did.

We all ride above the speed limit, and at this point we cannot judge if he was totally at fault, we weren't there so we couldn't tell. Riding a bike like a *nob will shorten your life, that's for sure but he knew the risks and so did his partner. It's a shame that he will never see his child grow up.

His partner may well hate hm for what he has done, but like I said, it's a selfish hobby. My wife and I have discussed this on numerous occasions and every time she says "I won't ask you not to ride, you enjoy it too much, just take care". I dare say his partner probably felt the same.

RIP fella, and condolences to those you left behind. At least you died doing what you enjoyed.