SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-08-06, 11:15 AM   #1
CheekyLemon

Default Combined car and bike insurance

Forgive me if this is in the wrong place to post. Wasn't sure if it should be in the Bikes - Talk & Issues section or here.

Anyway, I have bought a new bike and need to insure it. I would also like to keep my car on the road for when it's icy. I have considered month by month insurance for the car, but wondered if anyone here had done anything similar.

Could you recommend any companies or methods for insuring both car and bike?

Cheers peeps, appreciated.
Old 16-08-06, 12:20 PM   #2
Baph

I know the comany I'm with (Autonet Insurance) do vans/cars/bikes, but don't know if they'd do a linked policy. I found them in the back of Bike magazine, named BikeNet, but it appears that's a division of the group just for cars.

Worth giving them a bell though. 0800 074 3819 for Autonet, 0800 019 0966 for BikeNet.

They do breakdown, legal assistance, and even cover things like goods in transit and tools on my policy!

Most insurance companies should rip both your arms off to get a policy for both car & bike, as it means getting more money out of you. But I've never tried, so I wouldn't know.
Old 16-08-06, 12:24 PM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Im the same, i have my car and bike insured with the same company. Dont think that there is anything like linked insurance though You can get a dealers policy thought, and this entitle you to drive/ride any vehicle upto a certain wieght, but they aint cheap!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-06, 01:28 PM   #4
stumpy

I think carole nash do a 6 wheeler policy,check there site
Old 16-08-06, 01:32 PM   #5
CheekyLemon

Thanks guys, I will have a look around. First stop Carol Nash then, see if they do the 6 wheel option!

Thank you