SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-07-10, 04:39 PM   #1
Reeder

Default First drop out of the way :)

Just arrived home from work and the bosses son followed me back on his cbr125 to have a look at the sv and hear her purr compared to his bike.
Sat on it and let it idle for a bit to warm up then gave it a couple of revs and then turned it off. STUPIDLY forgot the sidestand had been put up and managed to lose her! Luckily landed on my bike cover (thank the lord!) and my bosses son's leg haha. All was ok and no damage was sustained other than a tiny tiny tiny tiny scratch on the bar end mirror!

PHEW - that's that out of the way, not gonna do that again

PS, was easier to pick up than I thought it would be? Maybe I'm just superman
Old 08-07-10, 04:52 PM   #2
kellyjo

Default Re: First drop out of the way :)

Thats the best drop to have!!

I had a standing drop on my first outing and it did me the world of good -taught me how important it is to properly think about where I park and manouevre.
I would say I havent done it since but that'd be too much like tempting fate so I wont
My new bike is even more difficult to manouevre cos I can barely reach the floor and I've had a couple of scares already so i'm being particularly cautious.

We all do it, just be thankful theres no damage to you or the bike.

FWIW, Im definitely NOT supergirl, I couldnt begin to shift mine. Maybe you're worthy of the Iron Man leathers
Old 08-07-10, 05:08 PM   #3
Reeder

Hahaha! I saw those Iron Man leathers. Dear me - how feckin awful are they!

What bike do you have now?
Im of the very short leg variety, so I also have grounding issues, but that's what my very rubbishly shaved down seat is for
Old 08-07-10, 05:16 PM   #4
Reeder

*looks at sig and realised what a stupid question he asked*
Old 08-07-10, 05:17 PM   #5
kellyjo

I have a Triumph TT600 (what became the daytona 600).

With the SV i could get the balls of my feet down but the TT is 1cm taller and slightly wider cos its 4 cylinders and that combination means i can only just get my toes down.
I really dont want to change anything on it because I can manage it, but when we park up my bf laughs cos i've parked 1/2 a mile down the road to find a nice flat space, I just remind myself that i'd rather have a bit of a walk than be scraping together new fairings, bar ends and levers cos i've dropped it!! I'd be gutted
Old 08-07-10, 07:32 PM   #6
Bluefish

moral of the story is, if you can't afford to repair replace someones property, don't use it.