SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-12-06, 06:24 PM   #1
jonhunt

Default hate to ride in the rain

if like me ya ride in all weather rain or shine and find that when it raining or have car or truck in front of you sprayin water over u and ya visor ya have to wipe it everytime and fed up with it

try halfords rain replent £5.99 over where the screen wash is.

wipe it over ya visor, headlights, speedO screen, mirrors and screen

makes the watter come strait off

put it on leve for a few min wipe it off there ya go

also keep ya lights clean so u can see and be seen

try it work brill

i no some bike shops have there own BUT there like 3 or 4 pound halfords 5.99 bigger bottle and a 3 cloth

jon
Old 18-12-06, 06:37 PM   #2
kwak zzr

i "hate to ride in the rain" thats why i dont i'm a pooof i know
Old 18-12-06, 06:41 PM   #3
Ping

Does it work with just road spray if the rain has stopped?

I've been behind a lorry on the A13 before now and the muck coming up off the road blinded me. Wasn't just water... All the dirt on the road too. Yay, that was fun. After that I started carrying a damp sponge with me.
Old 18-12-06, 06:51 PM   #4
Peter Henry

Ride in the rain? Are you mad? What do you think I moved to Spain for? I tell you something, there is no such thing as drizzle or spitting here, if it rains it foookin chucks it down and only an idiot would be out in it on a bike!
Old 18-12-06, 07:47 PM   #5
busasean

got to say i love riding in the rain, at the moment theres still loads of grip! its only when it hasnt rained for a long time, when it does rain its slippery. as a rough gauge when i get out of my garage and drive onto the road and its wet, i accelerate as hard as i can ( on my transalp, NOT the Hayabusa!!!!) on cold tyres to see if it spins up. if not, then its grippy!

no doubt one day it'll bite me on the ****, but it seems to have been a good guide for the past 12 yrs!
Old 18-12-06, 08:02 PM   #6
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

I usually ride a little further back from the car (even further if truck/bus etc) than i would in the dry. Apart from giving you more reaction time and more chance of braking safely, u don't get as wet and your visor stays that wee bit cleaner. The offset of this is you give car drivers more oppurtunity to pull out in front of you. Bit of a double edge sword. Out of town/city, i'll just get past the bastids. At the moment all my riding is in the wet and dark. And its all frozen tonight.

Hate would be a little strong though! Concentrates the mind I'll tell thee.

The worst rainfall I have ever been out in was in France on the autoroute this year. Maybe down to 20m visibility,down to 30-40mph (scary when everybody drives at 100+) so ridiculously powerful drops you could feel each individual drop through yer gear.Like riding in a river within seconds. No place to stop no shelter.Incredible. Could hear the missus screaming on the back tho' which cheered me up no end! Nothing like the suffering and misfortune of others to put a smile back on your face.

Bikes are great
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 08:11 PM   #7
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Nice avatar fella!

Colin Edwards is a funny fecker is'nt he?

......I know he was going to "change his style" but at least get it right. That is clearly a copy of the style of Mick Doohan. The one he used to go round corners with tho',not a straight line!

Back to the beers, steers n' queers Col'!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 10:21 PM   #8
busasean

yep, shamelessly stolen off someone else! do like colin as he says it as he sees it. especially when he was riding for aprillia and he said on live tv "if anyone else can ride this bike as hard i'll give them a blow job" almost wet myself laughing. suzi perry nearly choked!
Old 19-12-06, 04:45 PM   #9
Daimo

Yeah, use the rain-x type stuff on the visor every day.

But i've also got a rubber bit sewn into the gloves that you wipe over the visor and it gets rid of all the water/dirt....

Can buy then as finger only bits as well.
Old 19-12-06, 05:25 PM   #10
Swiss

It's called a Vee Wipe and it's like a small wiper blade that fits over yer finger. It's the dogs!