SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 16-12-09, 02:07 PM   #1
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Steve_God down...

I'll keep it short as I'm still cheesed off about it...

On the way out of Bolton heading Home, filtering past some stationary traffic, he decides to do a U-turn without indicating, and takes me out...
The front wheel makes contact with the drivers door... my shoulder makes contact with (and brakes) the rear side window... and the bike falls onto its right...

I'm ok (just a referral to the Physio), bike was ridable back (albeit with broken fairings, and the steering not quite feeling right (unsure if that's just movement from the handlebars, or potential twisted stuff) and a broken rear brake peg.

His insurance have already contacted me to confirm details that he admitted he didn't indicate and pulled out infront of me, and have said that at best case for him, it'll be 50/50, at worse case for him, it'll be 100% his fault. Just have to see how things go on that one!

I've spoken to my insurance, and they've asked if I can get a quote from someone to inspect it and get a quote to repair the damage, rather than them collecting it to look at it.
I don't suppose anyone could recommend someone who does quotes for motorbike damage repair? In particular, someone who would be able to tell if the forks are bent or not?
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-09, 02:25 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Steve_God down...

just quote Davis Vs Schrogin at them and it will be 100% his fault.
hope the shoulder heals, bike will be fixable
Old 16-12-09, 02:39 PM   #3
lee67

sorry to hear'.....as regards bike, get your ins company to collect and inspect..thats there job not yours!!!..oh and good luck...my non fault accident(1st in 26 yrs) is going to court on monday, even tho we have 5 witness statements he is still denying been there...good job the police/cps are prosectuing him on 6 counts of dangerous driving inc leaving the scene twice!!!....
Old 16-12-09, 03:16 PM   #4
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Tim: Just had a read up on that, that's fantastic! I'll make sure I do!

Lee: Although it is their job to do that, if I do, it makes my life harder as I'll have to put the bike back to standard before letting them have it (yes, I know, I should've declared it...) Or at a minimum, change the exhaust back to standard.
Fingers crossed for your court hearing!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-09, 03:55 PM   #5
missyburd

Aww crap sorry to read this Steve but glad you're ok! Bet you gave jen a shock!
Old 16-12-09, 03:57 PM   #6
Kuze

Exactly the same as me

Hope you heal up and get the bike back on the road though!

Made me worried about the exhaust i just fitted lol
Old 16-12-09, 04:17 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

No good that. Must have been blind if he got you all over.

GWS

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-09, 04:24 PM   #8
Owenski

ah bollarx mate, least your here to be pi55ed off about it nothing so serious that it needs a few nights in hospital so thats a relief.
If you need any help reverting the bike back to standard I'm off work on Friday.

Keep us posted about how the insurance view this one, a bit shocked that they can even consider to claim 50/50. He messed up you got hit, His fault you'd have thought your insurance company would be thrilled and would really push for the 100% his fault on this one.
Old 16-12-09, 04:35 PM   #9
simesb

Bugger mate - time of year and half-asleep commuters.
Old 16-12-09, 04:53 PM   #10
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Glad to hear your ok steve,
Firstly did you manage to get a witness?
Like (I'm guessing) a lot of other members, I've had the same crash. With the guy admitting fault as he has I would imagine if you sent them a letter explaining exactly how you were riding safely and within the law/highway code and how he was not doing likewise in his driving then you should get 100%. I can send you my letter if you like but it's just a variation on the lynnew letter that does the rounds on the site (worth a look at...I just adapted it to my u-turn filtering accident).
I've only just been awarded my 100% 2 years on but this was because the guy lied and said it was my fault. Luckily a decent bloke (in an audi tt?!) actually stopped unlike everyone else and gave me his details and acted as a witness.