SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-11-18, 11:27 PM   #381
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Well done. It's just so good to get out there, good for mind, body, and spirit! What are the shoes by the way - Asics? My cheap Karrimor trail shoes have now pretty much had it. They're falling apart, held together currently with Shoe Goo.Going to have to replace them and I'm tempted to scrape enough together to buy a decent pair as replacements, probably a pair of Inov8s. Not complaining about the Karrimor shoes mind, they lasted a year and are still comfy with excellent grip in seriously muddy going.

Out this morning for a short run with my friend Craig. Blimey but that wind was cold over the top of the allt. Much warmer when we came down lower again though.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 08:12 AM   #382
shiftin_gear98

Yeah they are Asics, my last pair were too. So when I saw these reduced to the amount I paid previously I thought I'd give them ago. I have to admit I'd never even heard of Inov8 shoes. Having just Googled them they look really good. This place has some good Black Friday deals still on for another day or so.
Sportsshoes.com.

My legs can tell they ran yesterday.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 01-12-18 at 08:25 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 08:19 AM   #383
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Sports shoes.com is where I normally go for good running shoes. They do have some good kit and I definitely prefer them to Sports Direct as a company. SD have a few corporate practices that I'm not keen on. Having said that I do have a fair amount of Karrimor kit which has been fairly hard wearing and comfortable.
Next trail shoes will be from Sports Shoes however.
Old 01-12-18, 11:40 AM   #384
Heorot

I agree on the Karrimor Gary. I have quite broad feet and their walking shoes are a perfect fit and sooo comfortable. I always have a new unused pair in the cupboard waiting just in case Karrimor decide to stop making them.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 06:15 PM   #385
shiftin_gear98

Having 3 kids we do frequent SD, as they are cheap. But I hate the shop, the staff couldn't give a monkey's. And even though the stuff is branded most of its owned by SD and I fear not as good as before they bought it. Even the other brands seem inferior. But yeah I own some Karrimor running gear too. I do prefer Decathlon to SD. That's where I got the first pair of Asics.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 01-12-18 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-12-18, 10:18 AM   #386
shiftin_gear98

Got out just now, it's good to run in the sunshine. 4.7 miles.
Shame I was on a time limit, as off out to Cambridge in a minute to get dragged around the Christmas chaos. Shame also that my fitness has noticeably dropped off due to one thing or another over the last few months. But hey ho hopefully that's all done with and I'll get back into it now.

Sunshine by martin cockerell, on Flickr

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 03-12-18 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-12-18, 03:48 PM   #387
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Sunshine!!? What's that? It's absolutely foul here. I'm hoping it'll improve a little tomorrow morning as I want to run then.

I had intended to do Oswestry parkrun on Saturday but I felt pretty rough when I woke up - headache and sore throat so I decided that running in the rain on this occasion was probably not wise! I suspect that five hours on a cold, wet, windy hilltop the previous day, erecting and installing outdoor wifi access points on a 20ft pole didn't help much.

Still haven't ordered my new trail shoes yet either, so the trusty Karrimors have been repaired again with Shooe Goo....
Old 02-12-18, 04:19 PM   #388
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Can't find any suitable Inov8 shoes at an affordable price atm so I'm looking at these Salomon shoes or these ones from Higher State. The Higher State ones are budget shoes but seem to have some pretty good reviews. Mmmm, choices....

**EDIT** Just discovered from another (favourable) review that Higher State is SportsShoes.com own brand. Think I shall take a punt on a pair.

Last edited by garynortheast; 02-12-18 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-12-18, 05:23 PM   #389
garynortheast
Mega Poster

The deed is done! One pair of red Higher State Soil Shaker trail shoes on the way. £35 including postage. I'll do a bit of a review of them once they arrive and I've done a run in them.
Old 04-12-18, 06:37 PM   #390
shiftin_gear98

Just squeezed in a 4.5 mile dark, boring tour of Stansted road run.