SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 14-07-06, 09:47 PM   #1
scott

Default saltire suzuki

thought id let everybody know of a good dealer.
went to saltire yesterday to get acumen gear indicator fitted and was told it would cost £47. well it went pear shaped and they phoned to say the acumen wouldnt work and they wanted to keep it and work with it and........wait for it...........wouldnt charge me any extra cos they just wanted it done for me and were putting it down to a learning experience for them.
they were at it until 4pm today and when i picked the bike up calum (think thats his name) said if anyone came to them with one again at least they know its a nightmare to fit and have learned from it.
gave me a price of £175 for pair of diablos supplied and fitted but said i could get it cheaper if i went online and ordered them myself and they would gladly fit them.first class service and im gonna go to them from now on.
Old 15-07-06, 07:03 AM   #2
auldyin

yip i agree been there a few times but i was in there on friday the 14th and had a check and report done on my bike and the customer srvice was outstanding, got talking to one of the guys in the work shop and his information he gave me about my bike was second to none. i have just started riding and he and the rest of the team where great cant fault saltire i will always go back there for my bike.
Old 15-07-06, 09:12 AM   #3
Anonymous

cool good to know of good service. where are they?
Old 15-07-06, 09:43 AM   #4
DAX

yea nice to here of a good dealer, but as nutty says you could return the favor and tell folk whare they are or put a link to there website if they have one.
Old 15-07-06, 11:04 AM   #5
auldyin

yip they are in edinburgh http://www.saltiresuzuki.com/
Old 15-07-06, 05:57 PM   #6
scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAX
yea nice to here of a good dealer, but as nutty says you could return the favor and tell folk whare they are or put a link to there website if they have one.
oops sorry never thought of that
Old 15-07-06, 08:49 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Just behind where Allan Duffus used to be, if that's any help. It's basically the good bits of Alvins Moto-cal picking up where they left off. The parts service is still a bit wonky, apparently Suzuki aren't too good at setting up new dealers so they're winging it with the old Alvins databases.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-06, 08:36 AM   #8
auldyin

just to add on to how great a customer service www.saltiresuzuki.com provide.

well i was ready to go out on my bike yesterday and i saw this guy who stays across the street from me carring a helmet so i though i would be nice and say hello and where you of to on your bike he replyed he hasnt got a bike and was away to look at one down morningside as he was new to the area i told him about www.saltiresuzuki.com he said he might give it a try
later that night i was out on the minimoto and he was in his garden and we started chatting he said he got a bike from saltire and is getting it on tuesday he bought a 636
and got it for £3500 on a 02 plate with full service history was ment to be £3995 so a little discount they then added on year mot and tax also a full service before it left the work shop and some other odds and sodds to help him on his way so guys at saltire keep up the good work so far the public's happy well done great start
the only thing is it wasn't a SV but life goes on>