SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 22-09-06, 03:24 PM   #1
Tomcat

Default Powerbronze hugger

Just thought I would stick this on for anyone who is interested. I bought the powerbronze hugger for my sv650s 2001, black, pride and joy. Fitted it and promptly took it off again. It is cr*p in my opinion. The plastic is very thin and wobbly, there seems to be very little clearance too the undertray (not ridden it but I can imagine it bottoming with pillion if hit a bumpy road) and the overall apperance is cheap and nasty.

I am no expert on bike equipment, but I know what I like and what I dont like, and I would not recommend this.

I intend to return it to the shop, but in truth I probably will not get my cash back, there is nothing faulty with the product, just poor quality.

Also got the powerbronze undertray, I can live with this but it still not as good quality as I would have liked.

Feel better for sharing that with the world, thank you for reading!
Old 22-09-06, 03:27 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

The only good thing that powebronze do, are thier screens. Other than that, i have found the same as you. My mate spent a small fortune on his GSX14, belly pan, hugger, and undertray, and the paint came off the hugger and belly pan, and the bulb holders in the undertray needed constatn attention.

My PB screen was fantastic...until i stuck my foot through it during an off
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-06, 03:28 PM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Thanks for the heads-up
I was thinking of getting the undertray. Any info would be apprectiated.
Does it have a license plate mount?
And does it have a place to mount the license plate light
Cheers :P
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-06, 03:39 PM   #4
Tomcat

The undertray: - there is a bracket that comes with it for the number plate etc. but its sh*t! It is silver and would stick out like a sore thumn! buy your own! no place to mount the number plate light (something I have chosen not to worry about just yet!) I wouldnt recommend it, but I shall stick with it as its fitted and paid for! Will see how it weathers, but it looks ok, and has got rid of the awful snow plough so am pleased about that!

Also had to do some jigging about for battery holder ( actually I got someone else to do that for me so not sure what was involved) hope that helps
Old 22-09-06, 03:49 PM   #5
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat
The undertray: - there is a bracket that comes with it for the number plate etc. but its sh*t! It is silver and would stick out like a sore thumn! buy your own! no place to mount the number plate light (something I have chosen not to worry about just yet!) I wouldnt recommend it, but I shall stick with it as its fitted and paid for! Will see how it weathers, but it looks ok, and has got rid of the awful snow plough so am pleased about that!

Also had to do some jigging about for battery holder ( actually I got someone else to do that for me so not sure what was involved) hope that helps
Ahh ok. Thanks for the info. I think I will just get a tail tidy instead. It is black metal and has all the mounts you need. Its from Hamicad
http://www.hamicad.co.uk/SV_Fender.html
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-06, 03:53 PM   #6
Tomcat

sounds good to me. The tailtidy I've used is black and it looks great. Am pleased with the overall effect, but disappointed with the quality of powerbronze. Glad my moan could be of use. Anyway finishing work now, so am off for the weekend. Take care, ride careful
Old 16-10-06, 04:43 PM   #7
kwak zzr

powerbronze quality is poor.