SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 03-05-07, 07:51 AM   #1
melody

Smile Yes, another new member

Hey guys

I didn't really introduce myself in my previous post. Kinda stumbled across this site. I passed my test last august so I'm still pretty new to riding. I hardly ever exceed speed limits and my cornering (especially left turns) is atrocious!! So I'm really looking forward to joining you all and hopefully boost my confidence.

Are there many female members here? ( no offence to the blokes), would be nice to have a mix. I've not really been out on my bike much since I got it. Had a bit of a blipp a week after I picked it up. Was riding through Headingley in Leeds (student area) on a Saturday evening. Stopped at some traffic lights, opposite a pub. A group of blokes were crossing the road and realised it was a woman on the bike and started jeering and taunting me. A couple of them were dancing around me knocking on my helmet and another jumped on the back, put his arms around me and started bouncing up and down on the seat!! I was absolutely petrified and nearly dropped the bike ( I took my test on a 125 so the difference in weight was phenomenal).

I was a total mess after that and couldn't bring myself to ride for months, but now that the sun's out I want to enjoy my bike again. I worked too hard to let some prize idiots spoil it for me.

So when are you lovely folk meeting next. I'm itching to join in.

Melody
Old 03-05-07, 08:46 AM   #2
GSXR Carlos

Default Re: Yes, another new member

Get some carbon knuckles on your gloves, then punch then and see if they try it again.

Shame there are some pratts about. don't let anything stop you riding
Old 03-05-07, 08:48 AM   #3
pmapp
Mega Poster

Couple fo us might be out and about on Sunday - nothings organised yet though.

3 of us met up last night and came through Castleford on the way back from Squires.

Welcome to the forum and try to put the stuff at Headingly behind you, pull up a chair and get comfy

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-07, 09:18 AM   #4
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmapp View Post
Couple fo us might be out and about on Sunday - nothings organised yet though.

3 of us met up last night and came through Castleford on the way back from Squires.

Welcome to the forum and try to put the stuff at Headingly behind you, pull up a chair and get comfy
sunday? it's suppose to be raining!
Old 03-05-07, 09:31 AM   #5
Bear

Welcome in, shame you met some ********s. There's lots of female riders on here, so you're in good company. You get a second vote for the carbon knuckles idea too!
Old 03-05-07, 10:16 AM   #6
Gazza77

Greetings. Only just up the road from you in Normanton. What bike you riding so I can keep my eye out to wave?

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-07, 10:17 AM   #7
The Hairy Hamish

Hey don't worry about the cornering it'll come soon enough. Only passed my test in March and only been riding seriously for a week. Aches and pains setting in now. I was tottering round corners like a granny on Monday getting more confident now.

Keep riding it's lovely out there
Old 03-05-07, 10:21 AM   #8
Tomcat

Hi there melody , I am a lady! Although a lot of friends would probably say not much of one!

I felt really angry reading your post, theses idiots don't know what harm they are doing.... as said put it behind you, I have met far far more men who respect female riders then don't so ignore those morons.

Welcome to the site, put plenty of mileage behind you and enjoy enjoy enjoy
Old 03-05-07, 10:29 AM   #9
Pedrosa

Oh dear! Not another lady who be sending me pm message to ask if can be my Brolly Dolly?
Old 03-05-07, 10:35 AM   #10
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
Hi there melody , I am a lady! Although a lot of friends would probably say not much of one!

I felt really angry reading your post, theses idiots don't know what harm they are doing.... as said put it behind you, I have met far far more men who respect female riders then don't so ignore those morons.

Welcome to the site, put plenty of mileage behind you and enjoy enjoy enjoy
Hey Tomcat, they are lucky that it wasn't you riding the bike otherwise ther would be some broken jaws, lost teeth and swallen faces! Must have been a case of being in wrong place in wrong time.