SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-09-07, 07:19 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default MCN - do they realise just how sh*t everyone knows it is?

The biggest thing that hacks me off are the 'artists impressions' and the 'spy shots, this weeks spy shot has a comparison next to it (can't rememeber what bike it is) and the spy shot is blocky and could be any bike! how the f*ck can that be a comparison? They constantly contradict themselves by printing something then either dismissing they ever did or reverse on what they said a few issues back.

Oh yeah and the speeding camera scandals and the bike 'tagging' & 'limiters' farce stories, just a excuse to fill two pages of utter rubbish.

I've seriously thought about starting up a site to point this out evertime they talk rubbish and quote what they said previously to show up how p#ss poor their 'journalism' is.

Rant over!
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-07, 07:25 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: MCN - do they realise just how sh*t everyone knows it is?

have to agree but i only buy it to see whats for sale

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-07, 07:25 PM   #3
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikill View Post
how p#ss poor their 'journalism' is.
It is I agree, but MCN are in the business of selling papers, and b*ll****, scandal and misreporting to make a story is what sells papers, they are if you like the Tabloid of the bike press.

I tend to read MCN back to front as I find IMHO that the race pages at the back are pretty much well thought out, written and the information and race stuff is of a pretty high standard, if only the rest of the paper was like that...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-07, 08:15 PM   #4
Razor

Yep I like the race pages too.
I'm so broke at the mo I can't afford the MCN...
Today at lunch I went into WH Smiffs and read the latest ish of BiKE... I felt like a student again...
Old 27-09-07, 08:21 PM   #5
StreetHawk

Actually I didn't buy MCN today for the first week in about 6 months. Finally had enough of all the scare stories that are purely there for senationalism. Also they have a section where they concentrate on a certain product range each week such as leathers over £400 etc.. BUT, they don't actually review anything. They simply list all the products available with little pictures! I can see whats available myself, what I want is a review of someone who has used it, pros , cons etc..

Decided i'll save the £1.80 a week and buy RIDE magazine every month. Even though that is owned by MCN or t'other way round..
Old 27-09-07, 08:27 PM   #6
eviltwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
Decided i'll save the £1.80 a week and buy RIDE magazine every month. Even though that is owned by MCN or t'other way round..
Ride, Bike and MCN are all emap titles i.e. owned by the same publishing house....still, no matter, all mags and newspapers are invited to exactly the same press launches so just buy whichever you prefer reading (and then borrow something else from your mates for a different take) nobody really gets an 'exclusive'.

mcn is full of turd because it has to come out every wednesday...imagine having to try and fill a whole paper with newsworthy stuff every week...
Old 28-09-07, 01:47 AM   #7
rf9rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I felt like a student again...
You mean you never washed and spent all day in bed?
Old 28-09-07, 05:31 AM   #8
mister c
Mega Poster

I used to be an avid reader of MCN, but then got cheesed off with the "Buy the new version because it's .02mph faster and handles better" attitude. I havent bought a copy now for years it's just drivvel.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-07, 08:16 AM   #9
kwak zzr

i get mine 2nd hand off a mate, i think its great for free
Old 28-09-07, 08:32 AM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

MoreCrapthanNews
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote