SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 12-09-11, 01:03 PM   #1
kaimera

Default 25th Sept - Protest against EU bike laws

Rideouts all over the country over the EU bike laws.

Quote:
Waterford City demo - leaving Red Square @ 1 (to be confirmed)
Cork - meetup at the layby on the cork side of macroom. then at 12 noon head as far as the roundabout at midleton and back to the tunnel
Galway demo - meet at CH BriarHill around 1230 and a ride to Eyre Square for 0130
Dublin - Wilton Terrace to Phoenix Park
Biker.ie rideout (Dublin) - meet in the Apple service station on the M1 southbound lane @ Lusk at 12pm, then ride slowly down the M1 onto the M50 to the Redcow interchange. Meet up with fellow bikers coming from the south side then probably onto the city centre
Old 16-09-11, 06:43 PM   #2
thebluelion

Default Re: 25th Sept - Protest against EU bike laws

Kaimera a few mates and myself are thinking of going down, weather permitting, anymore details about Dublin? time wise etc?
Old 17-09-11, 07:42 PM   #3
kaimera

i'll check tomorrow for more details and post up what i find.
Old 18-09-11, 11:47 AM   #4
kaimera

from the MAG ieland site - http://www.magireland.org/2011/slide...5th-september/

Quote:
Wexford – New Ross: Richie Roche’s Bar, The Quay New Ross 12.00 till 12.30 Run by Keghunters
Galway: Leaving Eyre Square at 1.30pm sharp, travelling through Loughrea, Ballinasloe and Athlone – finishing point in Athlone to be confirmed. This route has been decided as to accomodate and include learner drivers and to encourage maximum impact.
Monaghan: Protest leaving Topaz filling Station on Emyvale road out of Monaghan town at 1pm sunday the 25th of Sept. Open to all to sign petitions on the day and show support. By Brenda Brennan
Cork: Cork Opera House, 13.30 – 15.30 by Niall Punchykid
Westmeath – Mullingar: Topaz Garage, Tyrellpass Rd., Mullingar, then through Mullingar town, Tullamore and onwards to Portlaois, 12.30 – 18.00 Glen Henesey
Dublin: Starting from the Apple Service Station M1 southbound Before Ballbriggan 12.00 onwards to the M50 Red Cow then into town.
Further demo start points will be posted as we get them…
I think the dublin & biker.ie ride out are near enough one in the same, will meet up together at some point.

I'd be at the service station on the southbound m1 @ 1200
Old 18-09-11, 11:56 AM   #5
thebluelion

Cheers for that. Dont know which to go for Dublin Or Monaghan will see what the other guys think will be in touch
Old 23-09-11, 07:15 PM   #6
thebluelion

Kaimera looks like its not happening, no-one seems interested my end even though it will effect us to. They don't seem to reliase that a wee run to any of the races Down South are not going to be the same.
Old 26-09-11, 09:08 AM   #7
kaimera

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1113980

9 mins in or so.

might only be available in ROI
Old 26-09-11, 07:39 PM   #8
thebluelion

Thanks for that Kaimera, it came on ok. Great turn out. That was not you doing the burnout was it

Never went out on Sunday it p*ssed down here and no one seemed to be bothered, if it wa dry i might have went but would have been on my own, Billy no-mates lol