SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-06-06, 06:56 AM   #1
pegasus
Mega Poster

Default e-bay fraud?

i just got an e-mail from e-bay that my account has been suspended pending investigation due to fraudulent matters....wtf? i have never used e-bay..has anyone else had this problem?

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 07:19 AM   #2
Stig

Yes, me only last week. But then I DO use eBay.
Old 10-06-06, 07:21 AM   #3
wyrdness

It might be a 'phishing' scam to try to obtain your ebay username and password.
Old 10-06-06, 07:41 AM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

I enjoy phishing scams and log onto their clumsy copy sites with user name such a gullible and passwords such as "Would I tell you"

I just hope that gullible/would I tell you ain't a valid combination for someone
Old 10-06-06, 07:43 AM   #5
Stig

Nah not in my case. I received a mail asking for a refund of an item that I had not even sold. Next thing I knew was my account had been frozen. This pee'd me off particularly as I had been watching an item that no one had bid on and wanted to put in a last minute bid. Due to my account being suspended I had to watch the item go for a fiver. The Item was the complete rear plastics for a curvy. OH I was so mad.
Old 10-06-06, 08:16 AM   #6
pegasus
Mega Poster

ok thanks i gather this is just a normal con scam and nothing to worry about.

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-06, 01:49 PM   #7
creamerybutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
Nah not in my case. I received a mail asking for a refund of an item that I had not even sold. Next thing I knew was my account had been frozen. This pee'd me off particularly as I had been watching an item that no one had bid on and wanted to put in a last minute bid. Due to my account being suspended I had to watch the item go for a fiver. The Item was the complete rear plastics for a curvy. OH I was so mad.
What happened then? Surley eBay will know if you sold the item.
Old 10-06-06, 05:52 PM   #8
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamerybutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
What happened then? Surley eBay will know if you sold the item.
They knew my account had been compramised before I did. That's why the froze the account. They sent me an email telling me what I needed to do. I did it and I got my acount back.
Old 10-06-06, 07:13 PM   #9
pete m

its not necessarily a scam - you probably get those phishing e mails, saying they need to verify your account details, then they want your user name etc, then they want your bank account details.... that is a scam e mail...

But what you may have, and what i had, was legit from e bay in N Ireland, wanting you to prove you are who you say you are...I sent them proof and my account was reinstated , all took about a month, 6 weeks, in the meantime, you are out of the game -

drives you mad, no explanation,

e bay is fine when it all works, when things go wrong, its not so great...

atb
Old 11-06-06, 09:03 AM   #10
Damoulianos Marios

eBay... it's a jungle.

Last summer I won a bidding for gsxr600 front fork for my SV, paid the bugger 440$ and guess what? It never arrived and he never replied to mail. I had also chosen surface shipping (from the US) which would take 6-8 weeks so when that time got past, I wasn't eligible to buyer protection measures anymore.

Now shopping only from eBay shops, meaning sellers with TONS of feedback.