SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-05-08, 01:06 PM   #1
ooger

Default Thankyou......mandp.com

So today I was on my way, when there were two loud 'pings' behind me, so I stopped and found that my lunch (tailpack) was at risk of falling off.

One phone call to mandp.com later, and theres 2 new Oxford bungees coming my way today. I've only had it 3 months, and used them maybe 20 times each?

Good on them. All they asked for was my order reference.

Huzzah for nice people.

PS - motto of the story, always carry a cargo net.
Old 08-05-08, 01:46 PM   #2
Mogs

Default Re: Thankyou......mandp.com

Loss of your lunchbox - very nasty!
Old 08-05-08, 01:52 PM   #3
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

A ping from your lunchbox...

Wasn't your banjo was it..

SORRY!!!

Always nice to hear a story like that, plus getting free stuff is also always a bonus ; )

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 02:05 PM   #4
markmoto

thats kinda scary though i new a girl who very quickly became brown bread after her tail pack came loose and locked the back wheel up, Be safe peeps
Old 08-05-08, 02:13 PM   #5
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stretchie_ View Post
A ping from your lunchbox...

Wasn't your banjo was it..

SORRY!!!

Always nice to hear a story like that, plus getting free stuff is also always a bonus ; )
It's not free stuff, it's stuff replacing other stuff that broke prematurely. I'd expect nothing less from any supplier.

I've just sent my ex's Oxford Sports tankbag back to Oxford Products because the main zip has failed. That tankbag is at least 5 years old and has done many many thousands of miles of being used almost daily by both me and her, but they're fixing or replacing it with no quibbles at all under their Lifetime Warranty. That's the kind of service I have come to expect from Oxford.
Old 08-05-08, 02:16 PM   #6
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototech View Post
thats kinda scary though i new a girl who very quickly became brown bread after her tail pack came loose and locked the back wheel up, Be safe peeps
That'll be the copper's daughter from Merseyside or North Wales area? I read the coroner's report on that case, she hadn't strapped it down with the manufacturers recommended amount of bungees, and hadn't strapped it down at all well with what little she had used. You can't blame a tailpack falling into a wheel on someone's lack of attention.
Old 08-05-08, 02:16 PM   #7
ooger

Yerp - as above - this is after 3months of use, not a freebie

I checked the Oxford website who said they ask you to take it back to where you bought it from, but if its been 5 years, I guess the vendor/retailer will just refer you back to the manufacturer.
Old 08-05-08, 02:18 PM   #8
Mogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I've just sent my ex's Oxford Sports tankbag back to Oxford Products because the main zip has failed. That tankbag is at least 5 years old and has done many many thousands of miles of being used almost daily by both me and her, but they're fixing or replacing it with no quibbles at all under their Lifetime Warranty. That's the kind of service I have come to expect from Oxford.
Wow thats good my oxford tank bag has broken zips, think Ill give them a call
Old 08-05-08, 02:22 PM   #9
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
That tankbag is at least 5 years old and has done many many thousands of miles of being used almost daily by both me and her, but they're fixing or replacing it with no quibbles at all under their Lifetime Warranty. That's the kind of service I have come to expect from Oxford.
Oooh, I like the sound of this. I have a full set of Oxford luggage, I found that the waterproof covers on the panniers are..

What's that phrase.??

Oh yeah.. KAK

Used them twice in the rain, the stitching fell apart at the back. The panniers and the tank and tail pack are bob on.. Fantastico, but the covers report card would read "Must try harder". Only problem is I don't think I have them any more to show them the stitching came undone. I'd had them for over a year before I needed to use the covers so thought they would be out of warrantee

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 02:23 PM   #10
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
Wow thats good my oxford tank bag has broken zips, think Ill give them a call
Hmm, not sure about this. Theres a section on Oxfords FAQ page IIRC that says that zippers, zips, pouches and anything else not "the bag" isnt covered.

Bungees don't apply to this section, yet......