SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 17-11-08, 07:45 PM   #1
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Default In and Around Nottingham???

Anyone in and around Nottingham (or not, depends how far you're willing to come?) fancy heading up to the Cat and Fiddle some warm atumn day???

It'll take quite a chill to put me off, but just wanted to gage how other people felt about a small ride during November or December???

I have been up that way recently and the roads are superb. Only made it to just past Ashbourne though and from what i gather the roads get even better the nearer the A537 you get.

Possible route:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.854187&z=10

The return leg can be shortened or a alightly different route taken if desired. I just wanted to assess the sort of interest for this at this time of year. Please feel free to post even just to say you can't make it.

P.S. No date has been decided upon yet as i wanted to go with the ajority to enable the most amount of people to come.
Old 17-11-08, 08:02 PM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: In and Around Nottingham???

Weird you should say this. I actually have a gig in Buxton on Sunday but after 2pm I don't have to be back there til about 10pm.

Was thinking of going by bike so I could pop over to the Cat and Fiddle on ride some roads. I will be leaving Northampton at 8am getting to Buxton around 11am.

Not definate whether i will be going by bike or not but will keep you posted.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-08, 08:11 PM   #3
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

PM'd
Old 17-11-08, 08:21 PM   #4
DMC

Is Birmingham around Nottingham?

Would be up for a spin, could meet up in the market square in Ashbourne. Let me know if you get anything planned, if Im around I'll come along.
Old 17-11-08, 09:51 PM   #5
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
Is Birmingham around Nottingham?

Would be up for a spin, could meet up in the market square in Ashbourne. Let me know if you get anything planned, if Im around I'll come along.
Will do. Weather looks good for Saturday so presume it may carry onto the Sunday as well. If we don't go up this weekend and meet up with Spiers are there any days you can usually do or is it just weekends. It'd be great if some of us could head up on a weekday as there is much less police presence. But obviously a lot of people have jobs and lively hoods to uphold.
Old 18-11-08, 04:49 PM   #6
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

DMC there are quite a few who have expressed interest in this route from the Gixxer junkies site. Can you do either Saturday or Sunday??? Saturday obviously rules out Mr Spiers though, but i'll see what the majority want to do...
Old 18-11-08, 06:22 PM   #7
DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
DMC there are quite a few who have expressed interest in this route from the Gixxer junkies site. Can you do either Saturday or Sunday??? Saturday obviously rules out Mr Spiers though, but i'll see what the majority want to do...
Should be able to do either day, but will need to know in advance mind. This is also weather dependant right, its pretty bleak at the C&F when the weathers sh!t.

Let us know what you get sorted Pat.
Old 18-11-08, 06:39 PM   #8
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC View Post
Should be able to do either day, but will need to know in advance mind. This is also weather dependant right, its pretty bleak at the C&F when the weathers sh!t.

Let us know what you get sorted Pat.
Yeah, if its raining much i don't think we'll go. How far in advance do you need to know??? Would Friday or Thursday be ok???
Old 19-11-08, 06:52 AM   #9
DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Yeah, if its raining much i don't think we'll go. How far in advance do you need to know??? Would Friday or Thursday be ok???
Thurs/Fri should be ok. Was just thinking something else might come up in the mean time that might not involve going out in the cold!

(btw. the radio this morning said it was going to snow over the w/e)
Old 19-11-08, 10:46 AM   #10
G
Mega Poster

I could be interested if the weather was OK.

What you have to consider is the height up there, if its even slightly rainy/cloudy its usual snowing and freezing on the C&F

I passed through a couple of times in October, and once at the begginging of this month, twice it was sleeting and 0C and once it was fully snowing and 2C

The weather up there is a bugger.