SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-09, 09:44 AM   #11
ManxMatt34

Default Re: Ar 10

I'd host, don't think it'd go down well paying those return boat prices :P Therefore wales here we come.

Old 03-08-09, 12:40 PM   #12
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
pin removed
lever arm ejected
start the count
1 1000
2 1000
3 1000

take cover

Just so we're all clear, there is no comittee deciding on the AR this early on. If you want the AR in YOUR area, on YOUR roads, and you think you can organise it. Stand up and be counted.

Hovis was, I think jokingly elected after the amount of comments he made about this year's AR. But, if you want the AR up north, or in wales, or in the midlands, just stand up and say "I'll organise it and It'd be here if I did". We can then get a vote on and pass that buck.

It's all very well to get upset that it's not where you want it to be, but when someone's said they'll go to all the effort of orgainising the event, it's so much harder to do it for a site 300 miles away than it is to do it locally. Put a bid in, or offer only positive support when someone steps up to the plate and says they'll organise it where they are.

Jambo
Old 03-08-09, 12:43 PM   #13
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post

Just so we're all clear, there is no comittee deciding on the AR this early on. If you want the AR in YOUR area, on YOUR roads, and you think you can organise it. Stand up and be counted.

Hovis was, I think jokingly elected after the amount of comments he made about this year's AR. But, if you want the AR up north, or in wales, or in the midlands, just stand up and say "I'll organise it and It'd be here if I did". We can then get a vote on and pass that buck.

It's all very well to get upset that it's not where you want it to be, but when someone's said they'll go to all the effort of orgainising the event, it's so much harder to do it for a site 300 miles away than it is to do it locally. Put a bid in, or offer only positive support when someone steps up to the plate and says they'll organise it where they are.

Jambo

+1

I am still trying to get a pub again so if I do and I source one in the country with a field.. then ,... mayybeeeeeee
Old 03-08-09, 12:48 PM   #14
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Well said jambo and yes, quiff is teh man

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Old 03-08-09, 12:51 PM   #15
ArtyLady

How about Essex again? I may be well enough next year to even turn up for more than just the second half of the ride

Old 03-08-09, 12:55 PM   #16
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
+1

I am still trying to get a pub again so if I do and I source one in the country with a field.. then ,... mayybeeeeeee
NOOO!!!!!! dont do it!!!

I like my Quiffy as he is, and I dont want to see him stressing out about things like is there enough bog roll in the toilets, and mud on his carpets

Let someone else have to worry about all that Quiff, and just come and chill for the weekend (an yes that IS what staff are for, but you would still end up working if you were on site)

Brilliant idea tho.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
Old 03-08-09, 12:56 PM   #17
Cazza

Quote:
Oh yes, go on Quiff...

Last edited by Cazza; 03-08-09 at 01:07 PM.

Old 03-08-09, 12:57 PM   #18
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Ha..

SK I dont get stressed when I am in control..

its the things I cant that stress me out..

we will see

Last edited by Quiff Wichard; 03-08-09 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 12:59 PM   #19
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ha..

SK I dont get stressed when I am in control..

its the things are cant that stress me out..

we will see
So Bear would be banned from the event

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
Old 03-08-09, 01:07 PM   #20
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Just so we're all clear, there is no comittee deciding on the AR this early on. If you want the AR in YOUR area, on YOUR roads, and you think you can organise it. Stand up and be counted...

...Put a bid in, or offer only positive support when someone steps up to the plate and says they'll organise it where they are.
I agree whole-heartedly with this. It's really frustrating to see all of the moaning and whingeing posts that get put up each year in the run up to the AR, regardless of where it is or who's organising it. If we were all paying membership for the org, or the person / people organising the AR were being paid a wage by us then yes, fair enough, our 'right' to complain would be different. But we're not. It's organised by people who donate huge amounts of personal time, petrol money, their own sanity and god knows what else; and I'm massively grateful for it.

Constructive criticism and useful suggestions, which are of help to the organiser should always be welcomed - but I do wish the sniping comments could just be left out. If someone on the Org is willing to organise accommodation, some food & facilities and a fantastic rideout route then I'm delighted to turn up, pay £5, £8, £10 or whatever, per night. Let's keep things in perspective and not turn the organisation of the AR into a stressful unpaid 'job' that discourages people from wanting to have a try at it.

I had a brilliant weekend - great place, great route and a fantastic bunch of orgers!

Last edited by Cazza; 03-08-09 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Bad spolling

Closed Thread