SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-11-08, 10:21 PM   #1
SV-net

Default Liverpool FC

Ok before you all rip into me about footie and teams please read on.

My nephew (11 years old) is a complete fanatic for Liverpool, he has never been to a match (absent dad). I would like to take him to a match in or around London.

Problem is I know nothing and am completely ignorant to football, teams, rules and most of all danger matches where there could be trouble.

Are there any relatively safe matches that would be suitable to take him?

Be gentle..
Old 10-11-08, 10:39 PM   #2
Steve W

Default Re: Liverpool FC

Yes - most matches are safe nowadays. ssuming you want a game at the weekedn or aftrenoon you could try Arsenal vs Liverpool, Sunday 21 December 2008 although you'll find it difficult to get tickets or Fulham vs Liverpool Saturday 4 April 2009. Better to make sure you're with the away (i.e Liverpool) fans.

I took my son to some Liverpool games starting when he was about 10 and had no problems.

Good luck and glad he supports a sensible team.
Old 10-11-08, 10:59 PM   #3
pencil shavings

you will find it hard to get tickets at all. you generally need to be a member of the club at some low level to have ticket privilages. Premership games just dont go on public sale anymore in london. would be different if he suported Wigan. With Arsenal tickets, you need to be at least a Red Member, costs £30 and you RARLY get access to prem matches, so no chance for Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Fulham, you would have a better chance, but would still have to pay for the privilage of being able to buy tickets. Tickets for two will easly set you back £100 (maybe less for kids actaully, not sure on that) Craven Cottage is a great ground as well, I used to work there, right by the river too.

honestly your best chance will be a tout (but crazy money) or finding someone with a season ticket who can get them on your behalf.

Hope you get some
Old 11-11-08, 11:24 AM   #4
Dappa D

i know someone with membership can get tickets to arsenal v liverpool, but hes an arsenal fan so would mean being with the home team, so wouldnt be ideal.....
Old 11-11-08, 11:26 AM   #5
Odin

Just looked at the scousers fixtures. Fulham is the match to think about if it has to be in the big smoke. I've visited the cottages a few times and not a hint of any problems, mind you this was back when we had Shearer and Sir Bobby. Its an easy ground to get too and the walk is though some OK parks. Its in April so the weather might be ok too.
Old 11-11-08, 11:30 AM   #6
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa D View Post
i know someone with membership can get tickets to arsenal v liverpool, but hes an arsenal fan so would mean being with the home team, so wouldnt be ideal.....
even thought I suport Arsenal, if I was you, I would take him to Fulham if you can. More chance of a Liverpool win and the atmosphere at the Emerates is well, shocking, they called Highbury the libary, but the Emerates is worse!!! The Fulham fans are amazing, they just keep on singing, no matter what the score!

But im sure he will enjoy what ever he goes to see, as its his first game!
Old 11-11-08, 11:32 AM   #7
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
Just looked at the scousers fixtures. Fulham is the match to think about if it has to be in the big smoke. I've visited the cottages a few times and not a hint of any problems, mind you this was back when we had Shearer and Sir Bobby. Its an easy ground to get too and the walk is though some OK parks. Its in April so the weather might be ok too.
yep, Ive been to watch Arsenal at the cottage I think 3 times now, sitting in the Fulham end, becasue I have friends with season tickets. Keep your head cool, and its not a problem. Except when Fulham beat us 2-1 and someone asked why I didnt look happy