SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-11-06, 10:02 PM   #1
Tiger 55

Default Wanted : Honda CBR 125R - oh, preferably red...

My wife has set her heart on one of these

Don't suppose anybody has one lying around? Maybe it was your first bike and now you're on the mighty SV...

Hey, can't hurt to ask!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...e%3a+long+shot
Old 03-11-06, 10:03 PM   #2
Kate

Whereabouts are you? There are a couple of dealerships around me that have new red CBR125s that offer free CBTs and other things.
Old 04-11-06, 05:19 PM   #3
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

says ur in spain!??

there was an ace one in my local paper a day ago..

but thats stoke.!
Old 04-11-06, 05:25 PM   #4
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard
says ur in spain!??

there was an ace one in my local paper a day ago..

but thats stoke.!
Spain?? His location says Glasgow
Old 05-11-06, 01:17 PM   #5
Tiger 55

Idle banter? Idle bloody banter? This is the very definition of stuff wanted! My wife really, really wants a CBR 125. A lot.

Went to see one today near me in Glasgow (Spain?) and lurking in the back of the bloke's garage was a 56 plate K6 SV! Not a member of the forum though - yet - so no chance for a funny handshake. Anyway, it's an ebay job so wish me luck...
Old 05-11-06, 01:23 PM   #6
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55
Idle banter? Idle bloody banter? This is the very definition of stuff wanted! My wife really, really wants a CBR 125. A lot.
shame she doesn't really want a SV or it would have stayed in the wanted section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55
Went to see one today near me in Glasgow (Spain?) and lurking in the back of the bloke's garage was a 56 plate K6 SV! Not a member of the forum though - yet - so no chance for a funny handshake. Anyway, it's an ebay job so wish me luck...
Good luck, a bit confused to why he wouldn't pull the auction if you offered a good price.
Old 05-11-06, 07:04 PM   #7
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

on the location link in the avatar it says weegee central.. and when clicked it pulls up a map of spain!?????????????????????

/?????????????

am I goin doo lally?
Old 06-11-06, 05:29 PM   #8
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard
am I goin doo lally?
Going?
Old 07-11-06, 12:10 AM   #9
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

ha ha--
and that from a man who has ball bearings in his penis !!!!
Old 08-11-06, 06:52 PM   #10
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law

Good luck, a bit confused to why he wouldn't pull the auction if you offered a good price.
Well, he wasn't sure that it was entirely legal since he hadn't put something on the description about reserving the right to end the auction early. Not sure about that myself and I wasn't about to lean on a fellow SVer.

As it happens it went for 300 quid more than the 'good price' I offered anyway! Sat at my computer watching two people competing with each other in the last 5 minutes, total auction fever, brilliant.

Bet he was chuffed and rightly so and I got Mrs Tiger a red one out of the autotrader so she's chuffed and I'm just high on life as anybody on SV Ecosse will tell you.

But I'm bloody glad it's all over.