SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 04-06-13, 07:34 PM   #1
Runako

Default New Video - Crossgates to Newtown Run on an SV650 (Epic Road)

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.
Old 04-06-13, 10:29 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: New Video - Crossgates to Newtown Run on an SV650 (Epic Road)

where is the corners. that's almost like our motorways its that straight.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 10:57 PM   #3
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Hahahaha In that case I NEED to get myself to Scotland
Old 09-06-13, 01:48 PM   #4
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
No offence to the op but that is a very inaccurate representation of the A483, it has plenty of good corners, it's no surprise that it's popular with bikers, it's one of my favourite roads.

It is certainly not straight, Wales has just as many twisties as scottie land, I've just spent another weekend in mid Wales and rode new roads I hadn't before.
Old 09-06-13, 02:06 PM   #5
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
No offence to the op but that is a very inaccurate representation of the A483, it has plenty of good corners, it's no surprise that it's popular with bikers, it's one of my favourite roads.

It is certainly not straight, Wales has just as many twisties as scottie land, I've just spent another weekend in mid Wales and rode new roads I hadn't before.
It was a joke reply dude. Partly the POV and editing not quite giving the best out of the moment. But it was a hell of a rip to ride. I have better footage which may or may not see light of day. Trust me, anyone who hasn't needs to ride this road

Also, I did the Black Mountains for the first time last week ...

Last edited by Runako; 09-06-13 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-06-13, 02:32 PM   #6
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
But it was a hell of a rip to ride. I have better footage which may or may not see light of day. Trust me, anyone who hasn't needs to ride this road
I agree there mate, I'm not a fast rider but still enjoy that road

But if new people want to experience it, just don't do it when I'm there as you'll clog the road up
Old 11-06-13, 10:23 AM   #7
markc123

Interesting positioning
Old 11-06-13, 10:36 AM   #8
Runako

I was waiting for such a comment! Frankly I'm dissapointed its taken so long. Obviously I included it in the footage on purpose. My ulterior motive is to start a debate about what's right or wrong about this type of riding, but as no one mentioned anything the debate never started.

My feeling here was that I was totally at one with the capabilities of the bike and saw this moment in slow motion at the time. I perceived that I had more than enough time to get out of the way in time. However, its clear the driver feels differently. In my view this is partly down to some naevity from drivers about a bike's ability to accelerate and manoeuvre out of trouble. Of course, this very much depends on the rider and conditions, and if both are poor then the margin for error is far smaller ...

... did is just big myself up?
Old 11-06-13, 11:57 AM   #9
markc123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
My feeling here was that I was totally at one with the capabilities of the bike and saw this moment in slow motion at the time. I perceived that I had more than enough time to get out of the way in time.
View it from the other side: if I see an oncoming bike overtaking a car and cutting it rather fine, my only option is to get on the brakes hard and give the hazard some room. I do not want to risk having to pick bits of plastic out of the front of my car and have to wait around for police, air ambulances and the like..... By taking these opportunities you are being discourteous to other drivers as you are forcing them to brake. Takes a special person to shrug their shoulders and say "if the rider is at one with their machine, they will be fine. otherwise I'm going to use this here car to ensure darwinism is practiced."

Then later you get abuse for a perfectly safe maneuver .
Old 11-06-13, 03:52 PM   #10
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc123 View Post
View it from the other side: if I see an oncoming bike overtaking a car and cutting it rather fine, my only option is to get on the brakes hard and give the hazard some room. I do not want to risk having to pick bits of plastic out of the front of my car and have to wait around for police, air ambulances and the like..... By taking these opportunities you are being discourteous to other drivers as you are forcing them to brake. Takes a special person to shrug their shoulders and say "if the rider is at one with their machine, they will be fine. otherwise I'm going to use this here car to ensure darwinism is practiced."

Then later you get abuse for a perfectly safe maneuver .
Of course! There are always two perspectives. The defining moment being whether its a safe manoeuvre or a crash. But in terms of the relative safety of the overtake there was never any real danger, despite how it may look.