SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-10-17, 09:30 PM   #1
NooBish-AbbZ

Default Pointy throttle problems

Probably very simple fixes. First off, when i came off the SV recently, i must've banged the throttle tube. Now, the entire rubber grip rotates around the clip on, so, it's as if there isn't any kind of throttle stop, only when the throttle cable run's out of play. Linked to this the throttle tube will gradually move while riding, so for example, the 'start' point for the throttle will eventually start at the 'top' of the clip on as i sit, rather than at the 'back' of the clip on, so to speak. Simply rotating the entire rubber grip away from me allows me to choose where the throttle starts so to speak.

Let me clarify, the throttle drops to zero/normal as it should no matter where the throttle starts or finishes, and it won't ever apply throttle by itself. It's just annoying as mid way through a ride i'll have to rotate the full grip away from me.

also, often while pulling up to a junction or set of lights, and pulling in the clutch, the revs will drop to 1000 or so. If i apply and quickly remove throttle, ie, blipping, sometimes the revs will drop for a split second and the bike will cut out.

I've checked the book and the idle, 90% of the time, the bike will idle as it says in the book, 1400 or so, I think, off the top of my head, but it's in these situations where the revs will drop to 1000, i'll blip the bike, as per and it'll cut out. Happens both sat still and moving.

Thanks for any advice
NooBish-AbbZ is offline   Reply With Quote