SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-04-17, 09:18 PM   #4431
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Fell through a bridge. Ouch!
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-17, 04:01 PM   #4432
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Another bin to add to the collection on my drive. That's 6 now

I'm tempted to get rid of the lot of them and just go to the skip with a black bag every week

Oh and they're only coming for paper/cardboard once a month now. My bin is normally full after two weeks and it's only me in the house
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-17, 05:38 PM   #4433
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My conservatory is like a council tip there's so rubbish in there each week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 20-04-17, 09:50 PM   #4434
Red ones
Mega Poster

Had a meeting at work with a couple of people from another business today. Surely it is poor form for one of them to be sending text messages throughout the meeting? Especially as he put his phone down and it was obvious he was sending dirty messages to his wife.

Only yesterday he sent an email to my boss suggesting I don't take him seriously. I wonder why not.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 06:13 AM   #4435
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

That's very poor form. If I go into a meeting and for example I've got a film crew on the other side of the ground who might need to call or text I politely explain to the meeting attendees the situation and say that I may need to answer a call or send a reply. I'd step out of the room, keep it to a minimum and wouldn't be answering messages from anyone else. It's just unprofessional and rude otherwise.

I'd suggest sending a message to the guy's manager requesting that next time a meeting is arranged could he please ensure it is scheduled for a time when his employee is able to be fully in attendance and that should he have another urgent family issue that needs to be dealt with the meeting should be rearranged. That way the boss can ask his employer 'what family crisis' which will make the idiot aware you know what he was up to.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 21-04-17, 06:26 AM   #4436
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

This!
Done it as someone was not getting their own way so started doing email's in a meeting.
The said person didn't like it when another firm threatened to pull their investment and move it to another company in the room.

Guys a grade A large male chicken

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 07:43 AM   #4437
SV650rules
Mega Poster

The normal rules of what is rude have gone out of the window with mobile phones and laptops, people think it makes them look more important if they use their mobile devices during meetings, as though they are indispensable and have to be contactable 24/7 or the world will stop.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 10:04 AM   #4438
Trev B

I think he wants shaking warmly by the throat in a quite room !!!
Old 21-04-17, 10:49 AM   #4439
Red ones
Mega Poster

Sadly the guy is the business owner so there is no manager to go to. He loves to try to put me down when he speaks to my boss.
I don't make a habit of demanding respect at work, but on this occasion I may make an exception.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-17, 11:34 AM   #4440
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Sadly the guy is the business owner so there is no manager to go to. He loves to try to put me down when he speaks to my boss.
I don't make a habit of demanding respect at work, but on this occasion I may make an exception.
Does he supply to you or the other way around? If he is the supplier I'd say take this up with your boss and say that if he pays that little attention in meetings then what service can you really expect from his company.

I apply the same rules when I'm out with friends. The mobile stays away unless I really have to take a call - then I apologise in advance and keep it brief. I'm sure a friend doesn't mind if I have to take a call from someone that is genuinely important, but just playing with your phone the whole time you are out with people is unacceptable. If Stuart does it when we are out for a meal he gets a right b011ocking unless it's something like on holiday and we are looking up where to go the next day!