SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-02-06, 01:03 PM   #1
jim@55

Default anti-fog visors

i need a anti -fog insert in mine ,.iv got the fog city insert in my irridium visor but none in my clear one ,the pinlock system is meant to be good any comments folks and does any one know anywhere to get them on-line?was thinking about the reactive ones (to sunlight).i would get another fog city but iv heard of a few problems with these ,and the pinlock is meant to b btr
Old 15-02-06, 01:17 PM   #2
Halonic

I had a fog city in my arai last year, was great for a bit but quickly got scratched and generally made night riding a pain

but never heard a bad thing about pinlock
Old 15-02-06, 01:17 PM   #3
Daimo

Washing up liquid fella. Small dab on the inside, wipe clean......

Mist free riding, and 1/10th cost.
Old 15-02-06, 01:19 PM   #4
thor

Pin lock seem to be the best insert type.
Old 15-02-06, 01:22 PM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
Washing up liquid fella. Small dab on the inside, wipe clean......

Mist free riding, and 1/10th cost.
Or if you dont have washing liquid (poss if you are out and about), then use spit.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-06, 01:41 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

I'm yet to find any actual advantages to the Pinlock, other than the removability- which makes no difference to me, realistically. A properly fitted Fog City works just as well, and is easier to fit IMO. I've always had one or teh other in my lids- Pinlock in the HJC, which worked a treat for about a year and 10000 miles, and then the Fog City in the Arai, which has worked exactly as well (despite the Arai's inferior vents) for about 18 months and 10000 miles. Couldn't tell you any difference I've seen, except that my visor doesn't need holes drilled in for the Fog City.

I've also got an incredibly cheap Ebay special in the dark visor for the Arai, which isn't so good
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-06, 01:45 PM   #7
thor

www.racevisors.co.uk do cheap arai pin lock visors.
Old 15-02-06, 03:23 PM   #8
JakeRS

Fog was a problem until I started wiping a tiny blob of fairy liquid on the inside of my visor every morning, which creates a nice film, and stops the fogging up, and also stops it steaming up when I breathe on it.
Old 15-02-06, 05:39 PM   #9
GregK2

Never used a Fog City, but have had the Pinlock on my Shoei for 2 years now and can definitely recommend, visor never mists up even in the coldest & wettest weather.

Unfortunately my glasses still mist on occasions, but regular use of Bob Heath Visor stuff works a treat.
Old 15-02-06, 06:24 PM   #10
Tommy_Tank

I've got a pinlock in my dark visor and a fog city in my clear visor. They both do the job however I reckon the fog city has the slight edge as you don't need to drill your visor and it also covers a larger surface area of the visor so the edges are less obvious in your field of vision. My pinlock also allows a very small amount of misting in very extreme conditions (although this might be because I haven't fitted it quite right.

However it's easier to mess up the fog city installation as you cant remove it like you can with the pinlock. The hyper optik (light reactive) fog city is really good, works nearly as well in direct sunlight as my dark visor does and goes a nice blue colour.

I would get a fog city, you get some nice stickers too !