SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-10-13, 11:58 AM   #1
BikerCraig

Default Suspension upgrade advice?

Hi I'm after a bit of advice from suspension guru's on the forum.
I have a naked k3 which I'm in the process of parts gathering for the purpose of making it ride a bit more sweet. I recently purchased a pair of emulators to go in the forks, I know about the mods needed and these are currently in the think tank, these will be accompanied by probably some ktech springs (#1. any advice on spring rate for these??) and fork oil change/upgrade to match (#2. possible weight??).
#3. Now to balance the upgrade to the front I'm looking at a gsxr 1000 rear shock but i'm not exactly sure if I should go for a k1-2 or the k3-4 as I know spring rates are slightly different, I'd like to add I want to keep the rear ride height as close to stock as I realistically can as I like the current geometry of the bike. I am an 11ish (probably around 11.5 maybe 12 kitted up) stone rider and most of my riding will be fair weather pleasure riding but I still want the bike to be fairly happy in wet weather too.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 31-10-13, 03:27 PM   #2
MJC-DEV

Default Re: Suspension upgrade advice?

Lotsa times this have been asked before but for the front end: 8.5N springs and RSF Pro 10W fork oil, this is what works well for me and I'm the same weight. Can't comment on the rear as I went for the Nitron
Old 31-10-13, 06:06 PM   #3
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

I advise you to buy my shock for the rear.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=2912312
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 06:52 PM   #4
BikerCraig

Thanks dev, I know its been asked plenty of times its just that there are many variables like riding style intended use weight ect but I'll take that on board.
Sorry nobby I have seen it in the FS section but the price is just a tad to much for me, knock a 0 off the end and we can talk