SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-10-13, 10:29 PM   #31
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: SFV 650 out this year!

or how to get loads of bikers into their local Suzuki dealer and make them wait for ages while the sales staff offer them a go on the nice shiny new bikes.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-13, 07:12 AM   #32
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
or how to get loads of bikers into their local Suzuki dealer and make them wait for ages while the sales staff offer them a go on the nice shiny new bikes.
How cynical of you!
Old 29-10-13, 08:55 AM   #33
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
Its called the aprilia dorsoduro
Can they make one that won't blow it's tits out within 50k as well lol
Old 29-10-13, 07:47 PM   #34
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Can they make one that won't blow it's tits out within 50k as well lol
It ain't a 2 stroke mate, and its built by rotax. Ever here of the V75 1000's ever going bang? Electrics yes, know of several had looms go

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-13, 09:04 PM   #35
RobGotPie

just gonna leave this here:

http://rideapart.com/2013/10/suzuki-...arging-masses/

i know its concept but it still made me moist
Old 29-10-13, 10:06 PM   #36
sumimasen

Now that looks seriously nice!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
sumimasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-13, 12:29 PM   #37
Roberrrrt

Saw that earlier, looks sensational!
Old 30-10-13, 01:01 PM   #38
sniff

Due to having no good race bikes people are stepping away from the Suzuki range. Racing means more than we think. No GP bike, poor showing in BSB and WSBK equals low sales. Look at Kawasaki of the 45-50 bikes in qualifying for stock 1000 in BSB on Friday and Saturday 95% of the field are ZX10's. Stock 600 is a bit lower but still hell of a lot ZX6'S makes the sales at the shops.

Not that I'm slating the Gixer its just that they currently have no championship winning bikes. The range of 600, 750 and 1000 these are some of the best road bikes you can buy. Converting these to race bikes is fairly easy but they can not win championships. TAS are the only team to take the GSXR anywhere near a championship and missed on quite a few times.

Its about time Suzuki hear what people want to ride. Bandit now at the end of its life. SV's are also in need of a replacement another V-Twin is needed but more up dated and revamped. The GSR750 is a great bike and I'll be purchasing one in the next few months. V-strom cant comment as never owned or ridden one.

This is one of the best looking GSR's I've ever seen. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-SUZUK...item3a83e00d57
sniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-13, 05:18 PM   #39
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniff View Post
Due to having no good race bikes people are stepping away from the Suzuki range. Racing means more than we think. No GP bike, poor showing in BSB and WSBK equals low sales. Look at Kawasaki of the 45-50 bikes in qualifying for stock 1000 in BSB on Friday and Saturday 95% of the field are ZX10's. Stock 600 is a bit lower but still hell of a lot ZX6'S makes the sales at the shops.

Not that I'm slating the Gixer its just that they currently have no championship winning bikes. The range of 600, 750 and 1000 these are some of the best road bikes you can buy. Converting these to race bikes is fairly easy but they can not win championships. TAS are the only team to take the GSXR anywhere near a championship and missed on quite a few times.

Its about time Suzuki hear what people want to ride. Bandit now at the end of its life. SV's are also in need of a replacement another V-Twin is needed but more up dated and revamped. The GSR750 is a great bike and I'll be purchasing one in the next few months. V-strom cant comment as never owned or ridden one.

This is one of the best looking GSR's I've ever seen. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-SUZUK...item3a83e00d57
I would agree with that.

Whats hurt suzuki (more than the rest) is there is no factory team in the 3 most influential meetings (WSB, BSB or GP. I don't even think there is a Factory AMA team). Fair enough the GP didn't nearly bankrupt Suzuki like it did like Kawasaki and Aprilia

On the roads with the exception of the TT (which is honda's playground has been since the late 90's) the Suzuki's are weapons (600 and Superbike Lap records at the Southern 100. The 600 lap record was faster than the 2011 Superbike lap record), and one of the reasons that tallies is its a road focused bikes.
TAZ Tyco have done a impressive feat with the 1000 (Runner up or 3rd for the last 3 years in BSB)

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-13, 06:12 PM   #40
Ninthbike

Sorry guys, I disagree entirely. Having worked in the industry for the last 17 years I have seen the absolute demise of sports bikes in the UK during the last 5 years. Racing now has very little to do with retail sales as there has been a massive shift away from sports bikes and towards "real world" machines. Triumph have been top of the sales charts for some time but the only "sports" model in their range is the Daytona 675 - this was a deliberate move on their part about three years ago. More and more bikes are now used as transport rather than for enjoyment and for this, sports bikes are generally a terrible option. Suzuki have actually placed too much faith in the continued longevity of the GSXR range but have not actually seriously updated the technology for about 5 years. Their range now consists of limited, old-fashioned and technically inferior products which no longer have their historical appeal. If bike racing were the key to retail success then the ZX6R, ZX10R and the Ducati Panigale would be selling in bucketloads - they are not. In a country filled with potholes, licencing restrictions and speed cameras, sports bikes will, I'm afraid never be as popular as they once were. Last year, sub 125cc machines outsold sports bikes by over three to one. Most people would love a sports bike in their garage but their "real world" usefulness is very limited so people don't buy them.