SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 31-05-07, 09:42 PM   #11
2mths

Default Re: Anyone going to the Annual Rideout?

Having done the "Coast & Roast" and Wales Weekend and planning to do Oxford meet shortly I might have enough confidence to think about the AR. But it's a feckin' long way, and I'd have to ring someone to book a camping space and stuff which puts me off (cos I'm a big scaredy cat). So hmm maybe.
Old 01-06-07, 01:00 PM   #12
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mths View Post
Having done the "Coast & Roast" and Wales Weekend and planning to do Oxford meet shortly I might have enough confidence to think about the AR. But it's a feckin' long way, and I'd have to ring someone to book a camping space and stuff which puts me off (cos I'm a big scaredy cat). So hmm maybe.
Hey at least you'll know some people there

Sorry for the intrusion, normal service will now resume.
Old 01-06-07, 01:04 PM   #13
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Hey at least you'll know some people there

Sorry for the intrusion, normal service will now resume.
Unlike me! Hey ho!
Old 15-06-07, 09:59 AM   #14
Ping

Quote:
I've started getting used to using the phone to call people I don't know (estate agents, solicitors, utilities, blah blah blah...) so I'll do it for you if you give me the name you want your pitch booked under.

I'm hoping to catch the soho lot as they pass newport pagnall services (plan to be there about 9:30am) you're more than welcome to join me there..

Edit: saying that, newport pagnall might be a bit south for you... could meet up with peeps further up if you want.
Old 15-06-07, 10:42 AM   #15
plowsie

Quote:
Lol ring em mate i'm going with a pillion, its quite a laugh when you ring em because they guy i spoke to sounds like the gay guy in beverly hilss cop 1(surge lol)
Old 15-06-07, 10:42 AM   #16
2mths

Ok so someone has neatly and kindly wiped out all my excuses for not going in one post.

Hmm...
Ok so I'd need to book a days holiday (hadn't really thought about that) but I have 19 of 25 left this year. No valid excuse there.
I have a meeting arranged on that day - bah it's the only meeting I've got booked this entire month it can be moved.
My bike doesn't work in the rain - Ok so I'd REALLY need to get that Fenda Extenda.
Tent - Parents have something old that'd prolly do.
Carrying stuff on bike - recently aquired tank bag, have rucksack, bungee the rest.
Navigation - I can find Newport services.

Hmm - I'm running out of viable excuses here.

No promises but I'll send an email off about that meeting and stick a holiday request in now...
Old 15-06-07, 11:15 AM   #17
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ok so someone has neatly and kindly wiped out all my excuses for not going in one post.

Hmm...
Ok so I'd need to book a days holiday (hadn't really thought about that) but I have 19 of 25 left this year. No valid excuse there.
I have a meeting arranged on that day - bah it's the only meeting I've got booked this entire month it can be moved.
My bike doesn't work in the rain - Ok so I'd REALLY need to get that Fenda Extenda.
Tent - Parents have something old that'd prolly do.
Carrying stuff on bike - recently aquired tank bag, have rucksack, bungee the rest.
Navigation - I can find Newport services.

Hmm - I'm running out of viable excuses here.

No promises but I'll send an email off about that meeting and stick a holiday request in now...
Be good if you could come mate - at least I would know someone!
Old 15-06-07, 11:24 AM   #18
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
There there skip we're all friends mate
Old 15-06-07, 11:27 AM   #19
2mths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Two votes possibly three for me to attend - wow I'm almost feeling popular.

Holiday booked. Email sent to try and move meeting.

I guess I just need to check if I'm supposed to be anywhere already that weekend.

Pyramid are out of stock of the Fenda Extenda. I'm thinking possibly a roll of gaffa tape and some cut out sides of plastic milk cartons tucked under the seat for a DIY effort if needed.
Old 15-06-07, 11:34 AM   #20
plowsie

lol cant be as bad as my multi coloured boot antics i'm doing lol