SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-07, 08:28 PM   #1
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default ride-out route

OK boys & girls, you know the campsite now so what we're looking for is an interesting route from that location and back.

I've allowed between 11am to 6pm (that's back at site by then)

So what is needed

Distance-perhaps 100-120 miles

Stops- half hour stop (good if you could get a brew maybe ?)

an hour for lunch (needs to have somewhere to get food)

half hour stop (good if you could get a brew maybe ?)

Although only a rough guide, you should get the idea.

so go away and think about it (local guys it's you who are the best for sorting this.) and lets have your ideas here please.

Cheers Mark.

three stops ( 2 of 30 minutes or so and one of an hour for lunch)
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 03-02-07, 11:41 PM   #2
Heed

A run up to Hartside from there would be pretty cool. There's loads of coffee shops around the lakes so wherever we stop shouldn't be a problem.

Old 04-02-07, 10:56 PM   #3
amarko5

if your in the lakes then a tour round some of the lakes would be a good idea, however it would be more than a 120 mile trip as your camping quite some way from the "good lakes roads"

do you fancy doing hardknott and wrynose passes " if dry excellent and challenging for most" if Wet could turn out a Chore just getting over them.

personally i would get everyone up earlier and increase the length of the run.

will have a looksee if i can sort out a nice route or 2 that i feel the org would enjoy

i have a route in mind approx 180 miles (gasp) but for that you will get the following

hardknott pass
Wrynose pass
Honister pass
Kirkstone pass

A view of these lakes
windemere
crummock water
buttermere
derwent water
back end of ullswater

if we add another 10 miles or so also was****er and an exceptionaly good place for a meal circa 7 to 10 pounds sit down lunch (pub)

180 miles does not sound a long time at 60 mph BUT in the lakes you will be doing more like 20 to 30 mph "but the Scenery will BLOW your mind"

Tricky route to plan "lots of little country lanes" (even i get lost sometimes) however it's all in the fun

Old 04-02-07, 11:09 PM   #4
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Mark has gotta be the man to sort a route surely.. no offence to anyone else!
Old 05-02-07, 12:05 AM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

Please bear in mind the ride-out can't be to taxing, as we very well may have inexperienced riders on it, the distance, route & stops should reflect that.

What maybe easy for you and me maybe beyond someone new to big bikes.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 05-02-07, 03:34 AM   #6
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

tell u what-
the norf mets south rideout last time.

the roads around the lakes were yummy.. real nice.. good scenery- easy stop off points and sorta follow the road right round the lake and u cant get lost..

after we came down from the viaduct and throughthe villages then over a bridge we hit the big lake and it really opened up with amazing views an was nicely spaced out..

it was like riding inside a postcard !!... hartside was a toughy .! and would be for many new riders or semi experienced ones like moi !.. as was proven.

but- that said. the N meets S was at a fairly brisk pace .! race pace if u were at the front- and as has been said tis is a rideout.. nice pace- and social side too.. !

just my 2p ... i will now shut up and let u real northerners sort out the route.. petrol stops could be key in that barren land that is the lakes!!
Old 05-02-07, 08:10 AM   #7
mattSV
Mega Poster

I have to agree with Rictus

North/South was an awesome ride, however I was absolutely knackered at the end of it. I think we were in the saddle from around 8:30 to 6pm, and as Quiff said riding through amazing scenery at 'enthusiastic' speeds.

For me, the AR will be more about meeting everyone, rather than blatting about everywhere - plus I will have a pillion this time, so getting airborne on the road to Ribblehead will not be an option this time

However, a selection of some of the roads we did on North/South would be bloody good.
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
Old 05-02-07, 07:39 PM   #8
zunkus

He he!! You are a naughty bunch

I'll be taking off from London on Friday and ending up at Cardiff at the end of the day. On the second day Saturday I'll end up somewhere near Conwey. Do you think I'll be able to meet you guys Saturday or Sunday? I was planning on heading south but will ride along with you guys if we meet.

Old 06-02-07, 01:59 PM   #9
Razor

So there's only a ride-out on the saturday?
What about Sunday? Nobody going to hang around for another quick blast?
Or Monday for that matter...

Old 06-02-07, 02:22 PM   #10
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor
So there's only a ride-out on the saturday?
What about Sunday? Nobody going to hang around for another quick blast?
Or Monday for that matter...
i will

Closed Thread