SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 02-09-14, 06:31 PM   #21
missyburd

Default Re: GM there and back

Fantastic few hours of seeing old faces and a few new uns! Miss you 'orrible lot, was good to hear those accents once more I was sorry I couldn't see you off in the morning, unfortunately YC and I were on the same beer that night and were both ill at the same time...he recovered in time and I definitely didn't Glencoe sun at it's best and there's me at the side of the road multiple times, luvvvvverly! Glad we turned up in the van so I could curl up and sleep-ish for the 300 miles home. I may not have seen you lot off but I certainly heard you, some of those zorsts are most tasty indeed

You can tell I was bad with it, I didn't take one bloomin photo Just this one to remind me taken by the lovely Helen at MacDonald Hotel, supposedly the best forum name (in her opinion!). Cracking tees Tam, love mine Rideout next year definitely. We had our own fun around Skye and Mull but not quite the same as a full blown GM!

Old 02-09-14, 06:34 PM   #22
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Got in just before 7 after using more main roads than intended
1359 miles door to back again and had a thoroughly good time. Thanks to one and all!
Reckon Triumph do stabilisers for the street triple - will have to invest in some as have almost lost use of legs.
Old 02-09-14, 07:07 PM   #23
Terah

Back in around 4pm. 880 miles and only one near off experience. Great to catch up with everyone and meet some new folk. Thanks to the organisers. What's the plan for next year?
Old 02-09-14, 08:14 PM   #24
sputnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terah View Post
Back in around 4pm. 880 miles and only one near off experience. Great to catch up with everyone and meet some new folk. Thanks to the organisers. What's the plan for next year?
Next year, you say? Logic might dictate "GM VIII", but I'll throw in a wildcard renaming suggestion... "Sputnik's Weiner Mauled at Midnight by Midges II". Quite catchy I think. The inaugural event was a success of sorts but I must confess I'm not 100% sure I'm looking forward to the next one...
Old 02-09-14, 08:19 PM   #25
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Usual rules apply?
He who names it organises it.
btw: sure it was the midgies? could have been the crabs Applecross is famous for! other shellfish are available.
Old 02-09-14, 10:24 PM   #26
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: GM there and back

I like how I have been voted in !!! Democracy ! Where ???

Western Ferries - Buy tickets at the Petrol station before you get there = 1/2 the price You wanna try the Rothesay Ferry FFS !

Sounds like I missed a guid 'un, but then again they always are !

Oh Well, there's always next year