SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-07-07, 08:18 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Light at the end of the tunnel.

T'is good news. My lad has had his mortgage application approved. With a bit of luck he should be finally gone in a couple of weeks.

Now on which web site do I post about his house warming party. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

Still I am proud of him, only 20 and buying his own house. or is it he has had enough of his nasty old dad.
Old 16-07-07, 08:38 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Light at the end of the tunnel.

hmm me needs to start thinking about that

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-07, 06:46 AM   #3
600+

LOL well done to you firstly for helping him out as you tend to do (from what I read on here at least) and well done to him

no reason to post anywhere else apart from on here we'll come around and that should be enough no wonder camping sites are scared of us
Old 17-07-07, 08:09 AM   #4
K

Post here if you want him to be descended upon by bikers - or MySpace if you want him to be descended upon by nerds.
Old 17-07-07, 08:15 AM   #5
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
T'is good news. My lad has had his mortgage application approved. With a bit of luck he should be finally gone in a couple of weeks.

Now on which web site do I post about his house warming party. Give him a taste of his own medicine.

Still I am proud of him, only 20 and buying his own house. or is it he has had enough of his nasty old dad.

20 & he can afford a house?

I'm living in rented accomodation dreaming about my own space.

He a millionaire?
Old 17-07-07, 08:28 AM   #6
the_runt69

Your still alive then Tim, Glad to see at least your kids are thinking of leaving home, dont think the daughter ever will (mind you she's only just coming up 1 She cant cook, doesnt seem to know how the hoover works and certainly cant iron to save her life.
Old 17-07-07, 12:28 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_runt69 View Post
Your still alive then Tim, Glad to see at least your kids are thinking of leaving home, dont think the daughter ever will (mind you she's only just coming up 1 She cant cook, doesnt seem to know how the hoover works and certainly cant iron to save her life.
Sounds a bit like my lad. Boy is his girlfriend going to have fun. He has never washed a pot in his life. Cooking means warming up somebody elses effort by putting it on full power in the microwave. He doesn't know how to drive the washing machine, vacuum cleaner etc.

Still he will get his revenge on her. He has told her she will need to start looking for a job.

He isn't a millionaire. House prices whilst scary are not London. He is buying
an 8 year old tiny 2 bed semi for £140,000 in a decent location. He doesn't earn a huge amount. but what he does is work. He tends to leave home at about 6:30 and most days does not get back until about 9:30-10.00PM. He is a tiler working on fitting out new builds. He is paid by the metre. So whilst it is light in the summer months he is putting the hours in and reaping the reward. The downside, he never gets to see his baby
Old 17-07-07, 01:03 PM   #8
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
The downside, he never gets to see his baby
Downside is too soft a word...
Old 17-07-07, 01:54 PM   #9
600+

he needs to build a reputation so he needs to work hard and long hours, quiet a few young people do (me included)

at least that's the way i see it - there will be a time (I hope soonish) where he will be in a position to work a bit less and see his baby more!

but again congrats to him! he is doing the right thing and obviously he has the support of his family which is important (trust me I know!!)
Old 20-08-07, 11:24 AM   #10
timwilky
Mega Poster

Just been told that he is today going to sign the contract. Whilst it has taken some time, there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

Whilst not a palace. It is not bad for his first place