SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-11-18, 06:27 PM   #3581
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
stop it with the turkey... my mouth is drooling

hhhmmm turkey is healthier than chicken...... guess who's buying a turkey tonight when he goes shopping....
Goats healthy too, get a couple of goat burgers whilst you're there

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 07:51 AM   #3582
shiftin_gear98

FOG - you know it's thick when you wipe your visor and it literally makes no difference.
22 miles of pea soup commute this morning. It livens up the normal dull dreary commute.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 09:07 AM   #3583
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Goats healthy too, get a couple of goat burgers whilst you're there

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Goats are like sheep, they cannot really be intensively farmed and fed on the brains of other animals, although a disease in sheep called scrapie was passed on to cows through dried protein pellets ( BSE pellets anyone ) - the problems with animals meat becoming unhealthy normally starts when humans start feeding them stuff they don't normally eat to fatten them quickly for maximum profit, they then get fed all sorts of rubbish like mega doses of hormones, antibiotics and ground up bits of other animals offal in the form of dried pellets. Pork, Turkey, chicken and beef is all intensively farmed. The meat of any animal that is allowed to eat what nature intended will be healthy, and I know goats are famous for eating anything they can get their teeth into.

And fat is good for you https://www.ecowatch.com/dr-mark-hym...882141535.html

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 27-11-18 at 09:09 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 12:14 PM   #3584
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
thats just plain wrong

oohhh and how do people get fat.. they eat too much, its that simple. well that and a bacteria in the gut has depleted. jobby tablets anyone..
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 02:26 PM   #3585
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
thats just plain wrong

oohhh and how do people get fat.. they eat too much, its that simple. well that and a bacteria in the gut has depleted. jobby tablets anyone..
We have been lied to by establishment and food industry for decades. Your body need cholesterol and if you don't eat it your liver will make its own, the only bad cholesterol is the oxidized one caused by too many carbs, sugar being the worst, and in particular the carbs with no fibre we are tucking into today. 5 a day fruit also wrong, should be 5 a day vegetables, too much sugar in fruit. We are in the middle of a diabetes epidemic in western world caused by high carb low fat diet, my dad ate all the fat he could get his teeth into, lived to a ripe old age and was full of energy, I intend to do the same - not doing too badly at the moment, a few pounds overweight and none of the bad things that you are supposed to get approaching 70. Fat and fibre is the key to good good health. Maybe the Alzheimer's epidemic is something to do with our western diet, as advocated by health professionals since mid 1960's - your brain is largely made of cholesterol.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and...-rules-explai/

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/the-knowl...pletely-wrong/

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 27-11-18 at 02:43 PM.
Old 27-11-18, 03:15 PM   #3586
Bibio
Mega Poster

problem is they keep changing the ball park, never mind stupid journalists getting a whiff of little snippets of information then blowing it out of proportion. remember that at one time they said smoking was ok for you and that lard was ok as well. we now know that both of these are very very bad for you.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 04:04 PM   #3587
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
my dad ate all the fat he could get his teeth into, lived to a ripe old age and was full of energy, [/url]
My Mum smoked from being 14 till she died at 82, she didn't get breathing problems till she was 80. I'm not about to take up smoking again mind, as my Dad who smoked died of lung cancer at 50.

I agree with the fat / sugar / fibre bit mind and I'm struggling as my current "feed" is basically sugar and chemical nutrients. As I'm unlikely to eat again it's a bit of a worry. Perhaps I should shove some olive oil down my peg.

This is very much a 1st world problem. As a child "good" food was whatever we could afford and as that wasn't a great deal, so nobody in the family was overweight.
Old 27-11-18, 04:24 PM   #3588
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

from https://www.ecowatch.com/dr-mark-hym...882141535.html this rings a bell

"Your body sends signals when it's not getting enough good fats. Warning signs include:

Dry, itchy, scaling or flaking skin.

Achy, stiff joints."

I've been itchy for a long time. Time for a chat with the Dietitian.
Old 27-11-18, 04:29 PM   #3589
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
problem is they keep changing the ball park, never mind stupid journalists getting a whiff of little snippets of information then blowing it out of proportion. remember that at one time they said smoking was ok for you and that lard was ok as well. we now know that both of these are very very bad for you.
Lard ain't bad for you, the birds in our garden can't get enough of it - the moral of that is that if you eat enough lard you will be able to fly LOL I still love dripping on toast ( Brown bread though, I need the fibre) and last time I had my cholesterol measured it was just over 5. Too much omega 6 from vegetable oils and not enough omega 3 from meat, eggs and oily fish is the main problem with modern diet, body will try to process omega 6 the same as omega 3, but it is not the same and too much 'good vegetable oil' (high in omega 6 ) - can screw your body up as it replaces omega 3. UK population was healthiest during WW2 when bad stuff was rationed but fish was not, people ate less carbs and sugar. Modern food is too refined and concentrated, most of the fibre removed and this means you can overeat without feeling full and triggering you bodies normal 'stop eating now' message.

I have never read anywhere that smoking was ever good for humans, I wonder who first thought it was a good idea to breath in smoke deliberately ? Look up the chimney on a wood burning stove and you are looking at the lungs of a smoker, drag your finger on the metal and see how clean you skin is afterwards - not......

Last edited by SV650rules; 27-11-18 at 05:00 PM.
Old 27-11-18, 04:47 PM   #3590
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

If you live on lettuce like a rabbit your whole life you don't live twice as long, it just feels like it.