SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-03-24, 05:02 PM   #4051
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Certainly in the summer months the Harley riders turn out in force and give it an American flavour. However, it's a bit chilly for them at the moment!
I often wonder what 'an American flavour ' is plastic cheese and ketchup ?

Yeah, fat blokes with beards and short legs ride HD - A product of the Milwaukee Tractor Factory...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 31-03-24 at 10:57 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 07:26 AM   #4052
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning all. Grey, wet, and miserable here today. Heading out in the rain to walk Mabel shortly, then have I have a job to do for someone. I think the bike will be staying under cover today!

*Edit* IT job is now postponed until next week. If it stops raining I'll get on with some stuff in the garden instead.

Last edited by garynortheast; 03-04-24 at 08:48 AM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 08:52 AM   #4053
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Morning Gary

It was a grey and miserable start, so the dogs were reluctant to go out this morning. It has brightened up, but the forecast is a bit rubbish.

The thing keeping me busy is putting eye-drops in my little dog's eye. She has a bad eye ulcer and was/is in danger of losing her eye. It's slowly healing but we need to keep on top of it. 4 different drops at 30 minute intervals every 2 hours is exhausting for her and needs keen scheduling from us. The loss of the eye in itself would not be too much of an issue for a healthy dog but she has a number of health issues. An operation would likely finish her off. It's a sad situation but we have had the end of life discussion and we won't be putting her through anything major.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-24, 09:01 AM   #4054
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning Mike. It's so hard when our dogs reach that certain age and state of health. It's never an easy decision about what's best for them. You have my sympathy over the situation with your canine companion, I've been there several times now and it never gets any easier. I hope her eye heals ok and she has more time with you.
Old 03-04-24, 09:34 AM   #4055
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Thanks Gary. The eye will be a slow process but seems to be going in the right direction. We are hopeful. More of a worry is the misshapen appearance of her abdomen, suggesting a mass but the vets seem reasonably relaxed about that as its not causing discomfort yet. She's a tough dog to weigh up with regards to pain, she seems to bear it so stoically and without fuss. That's how the eye got so bad, she was not showing signs of distress and the ulcer is below her lid.

A coincidence this morning was a flashback to happier times, when a video memory popped up on Facebook of her learning to swim with her (now passed) older brother Piper. This was ten years ago, when she was young, fit and full of energy. The video is linked below for anyone that does Facebook. She's the one with the pink collar...

https://www.facebook.com/1234377364/...3500815421069/

Last edited by Luckypants; 05-04-24 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-04-24, 04:03 PM   #4056
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I had a barium swallow test at Stoke Mandeville Hospital this afternoon. It confirmed my GP's diagnosis of acid reflux with nothing else nasty or lurking to be seen. There were lots of posters around the X-ray reception depicting benefactors and pioneer surgeons, but not surprisingly, not a single mention of Jimmy Saville...
Old 11-04-24, 04:27 PM   #4057
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Glad it's nothing more Trev. Omeprazole for the foreseeable future?

Old 11-04-24, 08:42 PM   #4058
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Glad it's nothing more Trev. Omeprazole for the foreseeable future?
Almost. I'm a week into a daily dose of Lansoprazole (same family of drug) and it's already made me feel a LOT better.
Old 12-04-24, 08:00 AM   #4059
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning all. Bit grey here but the forecast is for dry weather thankfully. I have someone's lawn to mow for them so I might give them a call before I go over there, and get them to tell my if the grass is dry enough.

Been stupidly busy here for the last couple of days. A day spent sorting and setting up a new PC for someone on Wednesday, a meeting in Newtown followed by a very muddy social run with a bunch of canicross runners yesterday, lawn cutting for someone this morning, followed by reassembling part of someone else's 1930s Singer sewing machine today, and then working at a repair café tomorrow. Bloody hell, this retirement lark is busy!

I'm going on strike next week. Jan and I are getting on the bike and going up to Betws-y-Coed to look in the Alpkit shop, and have a few hours riding some nice roads. Perhaps I'll post the ride up in the Border Patrol if anyone wants to come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I had a barium swallow test at Stoke Mandeville Hospital this afternoon. It confirmed my GP's diagnosis of acid reflux with nothing else nasty or lurking to be seen. There were lots of posters around the X-ray reception depicting benefactors and pioneer surgeons, but not surprisingly, not a single mention of Jimmy Saville...
Glad to hear it's nothing more serious Trevor. Hope the meds settle the reflux down quickly.

Last edited by garynortheast; 12-04-24 at 08:05 AM.
Old 13-04-24, 08:00 AM   #4060
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning orgers. Grey skies here, and surprise, surprise, it's raining again. Ah well, on with the waterproofs to walk Mabel then.....