SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-05-11, 12:49 PM   #31
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Osama Bin Laden DEAD

Slightly more pessimistic reporting here http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1400...r-bomb-now.htm

Jordy just google image search bin laden dead may 2011
Old 02-05-11, 12:53 PM   #32
Spikenipple

There is only a single picture I can find of his body, and it is the worst and most blatant photoshop i've ever seen. I won't link it, but type it in on google images and sort by age. Notice the blurred edges on the head and the complete resolution difference between the top and bottom halves of his head.

My old SV

South & West Surfer
Spikenipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 12:59 PM   #33
grh1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid View Post
It could go either way, there may be an outbreak of extremist fervour, or, and I consider this more likely, there will be very few tears shed for bin Laden in the Islamic world.

Most truly Islamic groups - agree or not with their aims - are fully aware of Bin Laden's, and by extension al-Qaeda's, intentions, which had precisely sod all to do with faith or any particular variety of God, and lots to do with prostituting stupid young men's faith into giving up their lives for the political advantage of charlatans like Bin Laden.
Sid I agree with most of your sentiments, along with what Fenjer said as well.

While I agree that the vast majority of Muslims will shed very little in tears, I do feel that his followers will want their "revenge", this is not a time for us to drop our guard......................

In this country & others how do we announce the death of our monarch, the phrase "THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING" springs to mind,

I can't help but think there is a NUMBER TWO (phnarr phnarr!!!) to this particular Dr. EVIL.
Old 02-05-11, 01:02 PM   #34
rob_rossi_46

has anyone seen his dead body??? no? well i very much doubt he is dead then. most probably payed millions by the americans to disappear again as he was payed to say he carried out 9:11. a guy sat in a cave hijacking 2xplanes. cant see that. so obviously was the american government needing an excuse to go into Iraq. or "oil"raq.
Old 02-05-11, 01:12 PM   #35
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rossi_46 View Post
has anyone seen his dead body??? no? well i very much doubt he is dead then. most probably payed millions by the americans to disappear again as he was payed to say he carried out 9:11. a guy sat in a cave hijacking 2xplanes. cant see that. so obviously was the american government needing an excuse to go into Iraq. or "oil"raq.
So if his broadcasts were sent from a fully furnished studio then it would have been made all the more plausable in your eyes? Your only comment on his guilt relates to the location they filmed... weak.
I very much doubt his dead body will be paraded on international televison, his religion is very well known and if the USA disrespect the burrial process of that religion then they'll get more than an earful from citizens and politions globally. If we see anything it will be documents confirming it, test results etc, nothing more.
Old 02-05-11, 01:33 PM   #36
Berlin

"Yeah yeah, well done USA, but lets be brutally honest here... It's only taken you 10 years to catch a man in flip-flops and a dressing gown! "

... Carrying a dialysis machine
Old 02-05-11, 02:08 PM   #37
keith_d
Mega Poster

It's an American publicity stunt arranged to distract attention attention from our Royal Wedding. They didn't want to be outdone by a little island somewhere in Europe!!

Actually, I wouldn't fancy being a high profile royal going on a honeymoon about now....
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 02:10 PM   #38
thulfi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
I very much doubt his dead body will be paraded on international televison, his religion is very well known and if the USA disrespect the burrial process of that religion then they'll get more than an earful from citizens and politions globally. If we see anything it will be documents confirming it, test results etc, nothing more.
Well it all sounds a bit fishy to me. The most wanted man in the world that took 10years to find, and they take one snap and throw him into the sea within 24hours??!

When they killed Saddam's sons in an air raid we were provided with multiple good pictures - when they were bloodied and afterwards when they had been cleaned up for burial, etc.

The whole 'buried him at sea quickly not to offend muslims' is ball crud. The guys been killed, if he was shredded into a million pieces hardly any muslims would give a toss, probably cos the vast majority don't consider him as one anyway. What's more is that if they really wanted to go by the Islamic way of things they would have buried him on land which is much preferred to sea burials.

I don't doubt for one moment that he's not dead. Probably been dead for some time. America could never claim his assassination if they were not sure of his death. But I think recently (or not so recently), America found out for sure he was dead for whatever reason and probably thought they could play it to their political advantage in one way or another down the line.

Very nicely timed with all the arab revolutions going on at the moment, or perhaps the administration looking to win more votes. Either way, I can't beleive such a prized possession that took 10years to find would be photographed once and then dumped into the sea...I mean why the sea?!
Old 02-05-11, 02:36 PM   #39
maxinc

Can someone explain this photo of supposedly dead Bin Laden I've seen on Sky News this morning? Was it the official photograph released by the US or just something Sky downloaded from the internet?

http://i.imgur.com/XcmrW.png
Old 02-05-11, 02:42 PM   #40
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinc View Post
Can someone explain this photo of supposedly dead Bin Laden I've seen on Sky News this morning? Was it the official photograph released by the US or just something Sky downloaded from the internet?

http://i.imgur.com/XcmrW.png

NSFW folks

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote