SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 01-06-05, 08:19 PM   #1
BigglesBird

Default Running Pigging in the Wet

Hi Guys - yet another pouring wet ride back from work for me and Mabel today and for only the second time she behaved like a pig. Clearly the old front cylinder problem, which has recenlty begin to afflict her (hence the 2 incidents only). I know I can bung on a fender extenda but they will spoil her pretty girl looks. Anyone got any quick fixes which work, given that she has only started to do this in the wet after 14k miles. Ta.

LISE
Old 01-06-05, 10:56 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Hey BB

Other than making 100% sure that all the usual stuff like the plug cap is very snuggly secure, then im affraid its an extender. Mine took over 20k for it to start playing up. Since fitting the extender, its never ever done it again!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 11:04 PM   #3
RobSV

I have a fenda extenda and have never had any wet weather problems. That's 21k miles and two winters. SVs don't look girlie, so no worries about spoiling the pretty girl looks
Old 02-06-05, 04:10 PM   #4
jaymz

ive never had any wet weather problems either coz mines always in the garage when its raining hahaha thats when the 4 wheel toy comes out to play
Old 02-06-05, 04:27 PM   #5
Conrad Poons

I think Mac had a quick fix solution. Something to do with WD40 and a small hole. Maybe something else.
Old 02-06-05, 04:31 PM   #6
Iansv

Never had a problem the first year, but last winter got it a couple of times, now have a fender ext

the wd40 thing is just to spray thru the engine breather hole, dry's the plug out
Old 02-06-05, 04:42 PM   #7
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Poons
I think Mac had a quick fix solution. Something to do with WD40 and a small hole. Maybe something else.
that made me laugh.